Mercyful Fate/King Diamond fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercyful Fate/King Diamond fans?

I've been going thru the Mercyful Fate/King Diamond studio catalog and must say, I love the tempo changes. My first band was included with a drummer that LOVES Micky Dee and a guitar player the worshipped Mercyful Fate, my style was shaped from that without really knowing it. I was just starting playing at the time and got in the band by paying the rent! Lol anyway, any fans here and what is your fav King/Fate album and why? Spiders Lullabye is a fav cause of the tempo changes but Mellisa is a awesome point in time! any thought?
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Count me in, more of a King fan than Mercyful but love them both.

For me, it has to be The Eye, that was the album that got me into it all.

Comment

Huge fan here. I've seen King about 5 times Abigail being the first. Some of my favorite songs to jam to.

Comment

I love them both, but I favor King more. Andy is a huge influence on my playing.
        I have a Jackson and a Charvel and I play one in each hand.

Comment

Abigail, start to finish a great album! The Family Ghost is my all time favorite King song. Into the coven was fucking bad assed too!!! A lot of great stuff from both camps...
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Abigail was my favorite album for the longest time. Them and Conspiracy were great too even though the mix on Them was thin, the music was incredible.

Dig a bunch of Mercyful Fate as well, but not as much as the King.
            Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

My favorite Mercyful Fate song is still the first song I ever heard from them, 'Black Funeral' off Melissa.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I absolutely detest his vocals but Andy LaRocque is one of the more underrated guitarists from the 80's. I can't help but think that KD's ridiculous vocals and cheesy image crippled Andy's chances to receive the recognition that he deserved. He had the rare combination of chops and taste that many of his peers lacked IMO.

Comment

Melissa....& Abigail.... !!

Comment

Fuck yeah,, King kicks ass. I can sing 95% of everything he has out, but it's getting harder as I get older and out of practice,, and was in a King Diamond tribute band for just a little while when i was young...good times

Abigail will always be my favorite album. it's hard to pick a favorite song though,,there are so many.
                    Everything off Abigail, "Dressed In White" from Fatal Portrait and "Into the Coven" from Melissa are still some of my favorites to sing.
                    I can still picture sitting in my friend Mike's basement saying "Dude,, play that shit again..I want to learn how to do that

MOSHON
                    DAVE

And....I still smile every time I see this..

Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 03-15-2014, 10:43 AM. Reason: burger king diamond bitches.....
                    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Hell yeah! MF and KD kick ass.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I love Mercyful Fate and King Diamond's solo stuff - was just sitting here playing Into The Coven and Melissa at the end of practice an hour or two ago. f I had to pick, I would go with Mercyful Fate but that is a hard choice as with the solo band I am a huge Andy La Rocque fan - Melissa and Abigail are two of my all-time favorites, the compositions Sherman and Denner laid-down are just awesome.

Comment

Huge KD fan here! I cut my teeth on Them/Conspiracy back in the day but actually think Abigail II and Give Me Your Soul are the best albums he's ever done. He just got better and better there before his hiatus, and Andy continually improved as well. Check 'em out!

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
                            Melissa....& Abigail.... !!

I used to have that hanging up in my room growing up!
                            ---------------------------------------------------------
                            Kiesel Aries
                            Charvel USA Wild Card #3
                            EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Comment

Got to see King Diamond live at the Metropol in Pgh back in the early 90's. One of the best shows I've ever seen. The whole band was super tight. It was great because it was such a small venue. His vocals were insane and so was the guitar playing.
                              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X