Any fans of Symphony X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fans of Symphony X?

Just found out that they have a new CD out. I'm a fan of them.

Saw them a couple of years ago and they rocked!

Downloading the complete CD from iTune at the moment!
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Yea I like them. Serpents kiss kicks ass.

Comment

The vocals were a little over processed but otherwise I quite enjoyed it. Sometimes the keyboards were a little too loud in the mix for my tastes too, but it never got to the point where it outright annoyed me. Guitar tone was killer though, I loved it. Drums sounded good too. You can tell this band was into their early Yngwie.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I really like the way Romeo plays. Looks like is not putting any effort in what he does. It seems so easy.

I haven't listened yet to the album (as I went practicing after posting this see the Technique forum )

But my iPod is loaded and will check it out tomorrow.
        JB aka BenoA

Comment

I'm a big fan of SX, however Iconoclast is not their best album IMO, while it's very well produced, it lacks the musical direction they're well known for (progressive metal). I like it, but not as enjoyable to listen in one take as their previous material. The songs here are a bit too redundant for my taste, especially after 4-5 years hiatus!

Still, amazing band.
          -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

First track is awesome .. very epic at the start.

They got some cool Concept artist to do the package design. You can tell.. its way ahead of other bands for that sort of thing.
            www.vendetta-theband.com
            www.atomhawk.com

Comment

i've been a fan since only a couple of years now. thanks for the headsup. i'm getting the new cd today.

Comment

Been a huge fan for years. Seen them live 3 times and as recent as a month back. Russell has the absolute best voice in metal ever and Romeo is up there with the best also. Any fans of theirs should also check out Pagan's Mind and Circus Maximus. Two very similar bands both from Norway.
                Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Yep, my gf picked me up the 2 cd version a few days ago, as part of my early bday present, and it's awesome!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                    The vocals were a little over processed but otherwise I quite enjoyed it. Sometimes the keyboards were a little too loud in the mix for my tastes too, but it never got to the point where it outright annoyed me. Guitar tone was killer though, I loved it. Drums sounded good too. You can tell this band was into their early Yngwie.
                    Not too sure about the rest of the band, but Mike was influenced by Yngwie, Michael Angelo, Mercyful Fate and a ton of other bands. I took lessons from him in '87, sometimes at his house, sometimes he would come to my house. I had an Yngwie poster on my wall, and my mom used to tell him he looked like him.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by mrrs View Post
                      Any fans of theirs should also check out Pagan's Mind and Circus Maximus. Two very similar bands both from Norway.
                      Huge fan of Pagan's Mind here!!! Circus Maximus is good too (from what I have heard of them).

Isn't Pagan releasing something new soon? Will check iTune later tonite.
                      JB aka BenoA

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                        Isn't Pagan releasing something new soon?
                        Yep, they just released Heavenly Ecstasy the same week as SX released Iconoclast.
                        The Pagan's Mind is getting more rotation from me at the moment.
                        It has some great tunes so far.
                        Iconoclast is taking more time to sink in.
                        Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                        Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Originally posted by mrrs View Post
                          Yep, they just released Heavenly Ecstasy the same week as SX released Iconoclast.
                          The Pagan's Mind is getting more rotation from me at the moment.
                          It has some great tunes so far.
                          Iconoclast is taking more time to sink in.
                          Thanks. Will have to get it too.

And same here about Iconoclast...
                          JB aka BenoA

Comment

Working...
                          X