X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMT Extreme III Pedal Review

I got this from Fritz. Thanks bro!!!
    Here is my review:

Construction: Built like a tank. It also has a very nice silent switching feature.
    Hand made in Siberia.
    It features Level, Low, High, Distortion and a built in noise gate.
    It also a has a Distortion Combo Emulator circuit so you can plug it directly into the computer and record direct!! How cool is that.

How does it sound?

Think Metal Zone but not as much harshness and no noise and the perfect amount of gain.
    Think Vintage Rat but with none of the fuzzyness.
    The Low and High controls are almost active. You can really dial in the lows and the highs. They both have tremendous range and tone shaping ability.
    I tried it with several amps:
    Marshall 1987x Plexi with a Mini-Mass attenuator
    Vetta on a straight clean channel
    Mesa Stiletto Deuce on the clean channel and pushing the gain channel which I had the gain dialed way down on
    Straight into my computers sound card!!!

In every instance it sounded great. The noise gate (reduction) feature is outstanding. This pedal is completely silent even with the gain dimed out.
    Their website claims that this pedal allows all the picking attack and response and has very little compression so the notes stay lively. I agree 100%. So far.. this is probably the best sounding pure METAL distortion pedal I have ever heard. I would take a guess and say that it could make ANY amp sound great. I never had a stomp box that could be plugged directly into my computer through the same output jack. Thats pretty crazy.
    I'll give this pedal a big 2 thumbs up.
    Oh yea.. if I had to pick an amp tone that sounds the closest to this pedal I would say its the Mesa Rectifier.

Cool. Never heard of AMT, though.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have the AMT Fatal Tube distortion.

Its not noiseless, but its not as bad as a boss pedal. I like it, the distortion is very very clean and usable.

Comment

Working...
      X