Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonamemx View Post
    If you want something really cheap, Id maybe look into a Rock-It:

They're something like $20-40, cant remember exact figures.

Then, they'res always the Tom Sholtz Rockman
    I've owned both of those. The "metal" version of the Rockman, too. Honestly, dollar-for-dollar, I'd rather have the Pocket Rock-it.

Comment

Another one to check out is the new DigiTech RP250. It is bigger than the Korg or Zoom products, but it'll easily fit in your luggage and has the bonus of a built-in expression pedal. Runs about $150 at the online dealers. They supposedly have really improved the DSP & modeling for the new pedals (RP150, 250 & 350) over the previous generation (RP100, 200, etc.). I just checked and the RP250 & 350 both have the 1/8" aux input. The 150 does not.

http://www.digitech.com/products/RP_newpgs/rp250.htm

Still another option would be to get a Line6 Guitarport or Toneport for your laptop, if you travel with one. I don't take a guitar on trips, but that's what I'd do if I did.

Comment

You guys are making it tough. I try to whittle the list down and someone comes up with another product that meets the needs.

I like the Podxt live, but that thing is huge.

Comment

Yamaha Magicstomp II. MF is still blowing them out at $79.99.

Everything you need to practice and it is very small.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser View Post
            Yamaha Magicstomp II. MF is still blowing them out at $79.99.

Everything you need to practice and it is very small.
            http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...sor?sku=151560
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm sort of in the same boat - live in Cinci, work in Cleveland 5 days a week. I have a corporate apt., so I keep a POD 2.0 and a 750XL here. It easily gets the job done for me - I'm not to picky. Just give me some descent tones.

If I was always on the go, I would look for something small like the pocket rocket or the Magicstomp II.

Comment

I have an ME-50 and it does what you what, the headphone sound is actually pretty good.
                I use mine at home late at night all the time, I can jam to cds and not bother any one sleeping in the house.
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  If I was always on the go...
                  Actually, that just gave me an idea. I'm going to the same spot every week. I won't have an apartment, but I will have my own office in L.A. I could lock the guitar and whatever practice gadget I buy there and not carry it back and forth every week! The "on the go" phrase made me think of that since I'm not actually on the go.

Comment

As for carrying your guitar in a backpacker and putting it in the overhead bin.. I did that this summer and 9/10 flight attendants were cool with it, and said "I don't know if there'll be room for that, but go ahead and give it a shot" and there was room every time, even on the small "regional" planes. Once the captain even commented that he wasn't sure if there would be room, but if there wasn't, he'd take care of it for me.
                    One lady in Indy was a bitch about it though, she said the rule is that anything over 22 inches in length is not allowed, FAA regulation "I could lose my job over this" and insisted that I gate check it.
                    Her description of gate-check was that it goes in after all the other cargo and is suspended above everything else on a big net.. (*pointing to wheelchair guy*) along with that guy's wheelchair.
                    Wow, reassuring... There would have been more than ample room to slide my guitar into the overhead, it wasn't even anywhere near a full flight.
                    I got lucky, no damage, but I was not a happy camper.

Keeping it locked in your office is a pretty good idea though!

Comment

Working...
                    X