multi-effect rack units, suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi-effect rack units, suggestions?

I've been researching the G-Major at the suggestion of jgcable. It's looking really good to me right now. But I'm trying to keep my options open as well. I've also been looking into the Rocktron Xpression, BOSS GT Pro, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions on some good rack effect units to check out? I primarily use delay and reverb, but some kind of eq and noise suppression would be a big plus as well. I would be using the rack unit in conjunction with my 5150 and BBE 422A. Thanks a bunch.

The Rocktron Intellifex has everything you mentioned and can be had pretty cheap used. It's pretty transparent as well.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Alessis Quadraverb is good unit for the money.
      They are usually around $75 on Ebay.
      I used to spend $300 for one back in early 90's though..

Comment

You won't be dissapointed with the G-major. I would just get one and if for whatever reason you didn't like it you could always flip it. I sold my first G major to Jg and I always regretted it. It didn't take long for me to pick up another one.
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Either the G-Major or the Xpression are great... I went with the Xpression because I got it for $100 less then the T.C. unit.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I've always sworn by Boss multi-fx units. The GT-8 is the best I've ever encountered. It has expression and control pedals with the facility to add more. Compressors, reverb, delays, you name it, it's got it. Even has a loop in case you wanna add something like the G-major or other rack to it. The GMajor has no preamp to drive it, so the preamp in the GT-8 will do that bit for you. It also has an amp control too. I've not checked out the GT-Pro, but apparantly, it's a rack GT-8 on steroids.
            Last edited by wilkinsi; 05-08-2006, 01:15 PM.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
            X