Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help - dilemma with effects

Here is the dilemma:

I don't have a music store near me where I could try gear, so keep this in mind. I need to make a decision as to what to buy in regards to effects. The only effects I use and need are a delay, volume pedal and a tuner. Most people are recommending me to get a Boss DD-20, but I don't know if I really need that because it certainly has a lot of features that I'll never use. If I add the cost of that pedal and a decent tuner, plus a small pedalboard and possibly a power supply. All of that would probably exceed the 500 dollar mark. Some other folks have suggested to get a rack effects unit, maybe a G Major. But if I go that way I'll also have to get a controller and maybe a power strip and rack case for it. That definitely will take me over the 500 dollar mark. What should I do? Again, I only need the delay, a tuner and a volume controller.

What options do you think I should consider? I have a Splawn Competition on order and cannot spend too much money. I want a delay that would sound good, will not color too much my sound and would be reliable. Also need a decent tuner and a volume controller. Rack based or pedal based, what would you recommend that will be functional too me an will noty break my wallet? That's all I need to finish my rig.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Boss GT-6 using the 4 cable method, Boss GT-5 (you don't need to do the 4 cable method), POD XT Live. These would all work.
    I think the perfect choice would be the Boss ME50. Its just effects, its floor mounted and it has an expression pedal that you could use for volume.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
      Boss GT-6 using the 4 cable method, Boss GT-5 (you don't need to do the 4 cable method), POD XT Live. These would all work.
      I think the perfect choice would be the Boss ME50. Its just effects, its floor mounted and it has an expression pedal that you could use for volume.
      Is the Boss ME50 good in terms of delay? Does it sound good? Will it color my tone too much? Does it have a tuner and a volume controller?

I mean, I just purchase a 1400 dollar amp and don't want to pair it with effects that will take away from the quality of the amp.

I thought about getting a used Roland SDE 2500 (150 bucks) with a used
      FS-1 footswitch (10 bucks) for delay and then get a used rack tuner. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Econ
        Is the Boss ME50 good in terms of delay? Does it sound good? Will it color my tone too much? Does it have a tuner and a volume controller?

I mean, I just purchase a 1400 dollar amp and don't want to pair it with effects that will take away from the quality of the amp.

I thought about getting a used Roland SDE 2500 (150 bucks) with a used
        FS-1 footswitch (10 bucks) for delay and then get a used rack tuner. What do you think?
        Here is what I think. G-Major. You get studio grade effects, a tuner, and you can pick out your own midi foot controller. Sure.. it will cost you but good gear usually does.
        You can also look at a higher end Lexicon or Intellifex. I like the G-Major because it will channel switch your amp for you, it has solo boost, tons of effects, a parametric EQ, a great tuner and the highest quality most transparent effects for guitar in the business.
        After spending $1400.00 on an amp the last thing you want to do is scrimp on an effects processor. If you don't want to go rack mount I would suggest a Peterson Strobostomp, Boss DD-5 or 6 delay and a good volume pedal. Throw them in the loop and your all set.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
          X