No announcement yet.

18 watt Marshall through 4x12 (finally)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 watt Marshall through 4x12 (finally)

All clips were miked with an SM57 and an E609. little reverb added, no eq or doubling/etc going on. Sounds pretty close to how it sounded in the room, but we know how hard that is to do. Zeeg's 18 watt amp, unleashed through a 4x12!

http://members.cox.net/okstrat/lesbond.mp3

Black LP Studio I just bought from Jeff. Tuned down 1/2 step. TMB Channel on the Marshall, no boost pedals.

http://members.cox.net/okstrat/cleantozep.mp3

Red Charvel USA strat, regular tuning. This is the volume/tone channel. Cranked. No pedals. Played with the volume control on my guitar to clean it up nicely at the beginning.

http://members.cox.net/okstrat/SRVhendrix.mp3

Red Charvel strat, vintage/60s channel on the GL time machine boost. Started off with neck/middle single coils, went to bridge hot rails humbucker.

http://members.cox.net/okstrat/solotmboost.mp3

Red Charvel strat, modern boost on the GL time machine boost. Neck pickup. feedback for days.

They all sound great Pete. I really dig the second clip.
    The GL boost sounds great. Very transparent.
    That amp sounds fantastic. Really fantastic.

Comment

Wow, that thing sounds awesome. That first Les Paul clip is really the winner in my book....the last clip being a close second.

That little bugger is FAT.

Great job, Pete!

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Sounds good!! The tone at the end of clip three was my favorite.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have a few minor things to tweak on the amp, get a little more feedback from the Zeegster and then *sniff* the amp goes to him. I may need to pull a little gain from the treble/mid/bass channel, it's too much with some pickups, gets real nasty overtones when it's absolutely dimed. May also see how it does 'as is' but with a lower gain tube in that channel.

Then again, I could just use a mesa boogie disclaimer regarding the gain.

The volume/tone channel is pretty much drop dead perfect in my opinion. I could damn near gig with it and the GL boost!

Pete

Comment

The amp sounds great, as does the playing! Beautiful job, Pete!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

jeebus! nice work, pedro!
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Ok, what is the strange talking about 7 seconds into the second clip? Nice clips btw :P
                "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Originally posted by fr0sty
                  Ok, what is the strange talking about 7 seconds into the second clip? Nice clips btw :P
                  I believe it's my buddy Jeff (who's 4x12 and recording gear and house I was using) saying Yeee-HAWWW or somesuch. We just started recording and I dicked around with different guitars and pedals while the 'tape' rolled. Then I edited it down to stuff I liked in smaller pieces. Thanks!

Pete

Comment

"Yee-HAWWW" is an appropriate reaction.
                    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Um, fuck, what can I say? Wow!! That's about all the feedback you're gonna get from me Pete. Seriously though, it sounds killer. It's EXACTLY what I need. I am gonna annoy the hell out of my wife with this one. :ROTF: I might have to get myself one of them GL boosts. Well, I'll see how things go with the trusty Super Overdrive first.

Okay, now let's see how long Pete stalls before sending me my amp.

J/K Pete, you are the man!!
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Oh, one more thing.

YEEHAAAW!!!!
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
                          Um, fuck, what can I say? Wow!! That's about all the feedback you're gonna get from me Pete. Seriously though, it sounds killer. It's EXACTLY what I need. I am gonna annoy the hell out of my wife with this one. :ROTF: I might have to get myself one of them GL boosts. Well, I'll see how things go with the trusty Super Overdrive first.

Okay, now let's see how long Pete stalls before sending me my amp.

J/K Pete, you are the man!!
                          Thanks Zeeg! I miss all the amps I finish, but this one really kills. My buddy (the yeehaw guy) recently built a 100 watt metroamps plexi kit, and he was amazed at how good the 18 sounded. Forgot to mention, the stock craptacular chinese EL84s started acting up though, I put sovteks in and it's much better.

Zeeg, I'm going to send you an email when I get home with a few final recommendations from me mod-wise and then it's a trip to fedex!

Pete

Comment

damn dude that clean is KILLER

nice work

Comment

Pete,
                              Great playing as usual, you really should start posting more clips with your amp rather than using the Vetta... Btw, how much head room can you get from the amp (when does the clean tone starts breaking up)?

Fong

Comment

Working...
                              X