Ever buy a $600+ dirt pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever buy a $600+ dirt pedal?

I just did. No, I am not nuts. It sounds *that* good. I have been searching for a convincing bedroom volume cranked plexi tone for a few years. I have bought loads of pedals, mini-amps, had an amp custom made for me and nothing did it at a volume that was friendly for the thin walls of an old house in Japan, or for someone with neighbours in an ajoining apartment. So WTF is this box? Pete Cornish Soft Sustain 2. I never would have dreamt that a pedal with such a name would give killer gain, with no noise.

http://www.pacifix-ltd.com/product/p...ish/ss2_e.html

You know the rule. An mp3 clip please.
    Just a guitar player...

Comment

I'm in my office at the moment, sorry. I should read up on how to post clips as well. I have had garage band for over a year and have never used it. Oops.

Comment

No worries or hurries, we will eagerly await hearing the clip when it's ready.
        Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong
          Ever buy a $600+ dirt pedal?
          Yeah, Pod XT Live ($399), Classic Collector Pack ($49), Metal Shop Pack ($49), Bass Pack ($99) upgrades.

And I love it

-a

Comment

Well, he makes stuff for David Gilmour...so you know it is kick ass.

I want to hear it..because I can get one hell of a good cranked Plexi tone out of my $300 Vox ToneLab...along with about a gagillion other tones as well.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Cool. You could have just gotten a SansAmp Tri-A.C. pedal for a close approximation of a Plexi, though, for a lot cheaper. http://www.tech21nyc.com/triac.html
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i 2nd the tech 21 tri a.c. - great pedal.

but please put some mp3 samples up. a $600 pedal must sound awesome.

Comment

congrats bert!

now all u need is this bargain of an envelope filter to do da funk thang!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
                  Last edited by SeventhSon; 04-25-2006, 03:28 PM.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I had the Sans amp GT-2. It was fun for about 2 weeks. It still didn't sound real. I hear good things about the Vetta 2 and my friends sounds quite convincing on stage, but I am still of the analog and handmade amp school. Call me a ludite.

I tried my friend's Mutron, George. It sure was fun, but I would never get any real use out of it.

Now, if I could get some time to actually play the thing. At least the 'Golden Week' vacation is next week.

Comment

Good lord, you could buy an amp for that. =[

Comment

Conratz on your pedal purchase. $600.00 is way more than I would ever spend on a stomp box.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
                          Well, he makes stuff for David Gilmour...so you know it is kick ass.

Mike
                          As well as the Maiden boys back in the Golden Years.

Comment

I read an article about Mr.Cornish in guitar player back in the day - it was pretty mind numbing the detail he went into on his pedals.

HOWEVER, I need to post a gut shot of the handwired lynch time machine boost I have... it looks like a PTP hiwatt pedal. Seriously, and these were selling new for $329. I can't see how anyone could charge much more than that after seeing the guts of the keeley. It's awe inspiring. According to their website, it took over 7 hours to wire each one!

Kabong - I thought you bought a low wattage Fab Amp for home use - how is that working out?

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong
                              I tried my friend's Mutron, George. It sure was fun, but I would never get any real use out of it.
                              just joshin ya my man! from someone who's shelled out big bucks on a pedal as well, so i applaud and support your never ending quest for tone! (i in fact do have a vintage mutron, but got it for south of $400...that ebay one was insanely mint.)
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Working...
                              X