Think a crate head and half stack is worth 100. bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think a crate head and half stack is worth 100. bucks

Was looking at some weights a person in town had for sale and notice the amp, she said its for sell too. I asked how much and they wanted 150, but said if I buy the weights I could get it for 100.
    Its an Excalibur GX2200H head and a four speaker cab. the cab needs new tolex..

I have all the amps I need just wondering if I should snag this anyway at 100.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Add to that I don't know shit about crate amps!
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

hard to go wrong for 100 bucks as long as it works...just dont expect it to sound like a nice tube head as it's solid state...with decent eq settings it can prob sound fairly decent...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

dime bag played a none tube head and lots try to get his tone. for a hundred buy it for an amp for your buddies to play through when they come over.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
          dime bag played a none tube head and lots try to get his tone. for a hundred buy it for an amp for your buddies to play through when they come over.
          I'm picking it up in a few days. its like two hundred watts or some shit and the cab does have 4 10 inchers in it. I have to make room for all the shit I bought today for really nothing money wise. I use my Randall but I also have Peavey , use a tubed effects pedal. I think I can really bother the folks down the road if I ever use the crate.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

I'm picking it up in a few days. its like two hundred watts or some shit and the cab does have 4 10 inchers in it. I have to make room for all the shit I bought today for really nothing money wise. I use my Randall but I also have Peavey , use a tubed effects pedal. I think I can really bother the folks down the road if I ever use the crate.
            can any one ever have 2 much Guitar sh!t? Tie all 3 together and they'll hear ya down town!

Comment

I have the crate Gx-900h which is the 90watt version. Still very loud and brutal. As good as tubes? No, but not bad either and great deal you got there.
              Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
              My collection also there!

Comment

Well, it's dirty and needs tolex on the cab. The head is in pretty good shape. I mean it all needs taken apart and cleaned and a few small dings pushed out here and there. It's fully functional on both clean and distorted channels. No noises what so ever, such as hissing cracking popping. I'm actually impressed with it.

it's a 100. dollar stack

20210715_092312_HDR.jpg

Last edited by john.w.lawson; 07-15-2021, 10:50 AM.

Comment

The right place at the right time!!!
                  Nice Save!!

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post
                    The right place at the right time!!!
                    Nice Save!!
                    Yeah, its just more work. I got a good deal i will fix it up .My USA Randall is still the go to.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Yeah, its just more work. I got a good deal i will fix it up .My USA Randall is still the go to.

Have you plyed through it yet?

I know you have been involved in a couple projects lately

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post

Have you plyed through it yet?

I know you have been involved in a couple projects lately

Not really besides testing it once. Have a lot of home stuff I'm doing. It sounded good and pretty loud on 3

Comment

Great!!
                          It's good to know it all works!

Next stop is 11, right??!!??

Comment

working

20211007_160506_HDR[1].jpg 20211007_162353_HDR[1].jpg 20211007_163306_HDR[2].jpg 20211007_163408_HDR[1].jpg 20211007_162430_HDR[1].jpg

Comment

Done with the head

20211007_174329_HDR[1].jpg 20211007_174735_HDR[2].jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X