Boss GT-100/Carvin X100B - Weird question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT-100/Carvin X100B - Weird question

Okay, so I love the X100B and I love the GT-100, generally speaking. Now let me toss out a crazy question...

I run the 4-cable method. Why is it that when the GT-100 is running, the channel volume on the Drive channel of the amp doesn't work? It's weird. The Master volume works, of course, and if I plug a guitar straight into the X100B, the channel volumes (Lead and Drive) work fine.

What am I missing here?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

the "lead" volume does nothing? like even if you have it at 0 and the lead channel engaged, you still get sound?

Comment

you're using the wrong 4cm method. Use the other one.
      You are bypassing all of the features except the power.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
        the "lead" volume does nothing? like even if you have it at 0 and the lead channel engaged, you still get sound?
        Yep. Nothing at all. I can turn them both down to "0" and the sound doesn't change. As crazy as it sounds, I never noticed this because I've always controlled the volume by the Master on the GT-100, the Patch volume, or the Preamp volume for that patch.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
          you're using the wrong 4cm method. Use the other one.
          You are bypassing all of the features except the power.

Seriously? There's more than one 4-cable method? I've never heard this. Please, tell me more!

What you're saying makes sense. Do you have a link?

Comment

Okay, I figured it out. I basically had the S/R (Send/Return) module in the wrong location.

Comment

There's multiple variations depending on what's available from any particular pair of devices.
              I think the simplest test would be to reverse devices - meaning, if you currently plug the guitar into your amp, plug into the device. Do all of the wiring the same just with the other devices.

The bad part for you;
              all of your tones are made set up one way. Re-wiring the gear (or would re-cording be more appropriate) will make it sound differently.

Comment

Working...
              X