Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I proclaim this the best sounding combo I have ever owned.. ever!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I proclaim this the best sounding combo I have ever owned.. ever!!!!!

Boss Katana 100 1 x 12 combo with the GA-FC foot controller and a Roland EV-5 volume/expression pedal.
    I have been using this amp for band rehearsal for 3 bands. A classic rock band, an 80's arena rock metal band and an original heavy metal rock band. All 3 bands rehearse loud.
    Read the reviews on Youtube. Every one of them is 5 star. Players LOSING their minds over this amp. Proclaiming how its a game changer and Boss got it right and how mind blowing it sounds and FEELS and how loud it is and how robust it is and how it is ABSOLUTELY gig worthy.

They talk about how tweakable it is but its not necessary to do any deep editing to get a GREAT sound.
    There are sneaky amps you can download, there are over 55 different Boss stomp boxes you can program in, all kinds of patches that you can download or... you can just turn the knobs on the amp and get a great sound in 1 minute.
    Pro players, reviewers and many players who are EXTREMELY tough on amps all rave about this amp. It comes in a really tiny home desk top version, 50w, a 100w 1 x 12 and 2 x 12 and a 100w head. Every review is 5 stars and 2 thumbs up. When you listen to the clips online from all the reviewers you will probably say.. "sure..... these guys are using outboard stuff to make this solid state cheap amp sound that good... I need to hear it for myself".
    BUT... what if you live somewhere where you can't hear one yourself and you need to rely on someone you a review you can trust.
    That's me.
    Well... I have owned probably hundreds of amps. I can probably say I have owned just about everything over the last 43 years of playing live.
    If I had to get rid of every amp I own (and I own a fair amount of them... bread racks full of them) and only keep 1 amp that I had to use for EVERYTHING.... home practice, band practice, gigging, recording, etc...... I would keep my Boss Katana 100 1 x 12 combo with the foot switch and an EV-5 volume/expression pedal. I won't go into details on how it sounds. Listen to all the Youtube videos. One in particular is from Andertons where Chappers is going crazy over the amp. The tone of that video is insane.
    The amp absolutely sounds that good. Its at an entirely new level in solid state amplification and tone. It sounds and feels and reacts exactly like a real amp and all the effects react and feel and sound exactly like the actual physical stomp boxes. Also... a 1 x 12 combo set at only the 50w mode with the master volume on 6 is loud enough to jam with a crazy loud heavy metal band not mic'd. The other guitar player in my band uses a Marshall TSL60 1/2 stack. My little Katana has no problem at all keeping up with it.
    Rock on... Your Welcome.

This is great info thanks for sharing! I do have a question that I could not find the answer to. Do you know if the 2X12 version is in stereo? I did find that the USB puts out in stereo but couldn't find anything else on it. Thank you!

Comment

Who are you...and what have you done with John??

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        This!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
          This is great info thanks for sharing! I do have a question that I could not find the answer to. Do you know if the 2X12 version is in stereo? I did find that the USB puts out in stereo but couldn't find anything else on it. Thank you!
          its mono

Comment

I am intrigued actually, if they have one at my Sam Ash I'd love to demo it.

Comment

I have the Katana 50 combo and I love it. Sold my EVH after buying one and haven’t looked back.

Comment

It sounds better than most of the amps I own. This amp is absolutely a game changer. Bring it to a gig.... if its a large room just mic it. It even has a little flip out stand to tilt it up onstage. I always judge an amp by how good it sounds when the controls are all around noon. This amp sounds stellar with those settings. Its as easy to dial in as a Marshall. Just basic settings. There is a forum member here that is a HUGE Katana forum member. He has created some downloadable patches that are insanely good. I am using one of them for many of my sounds. The brown sound is extremely useable for almost everything.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                  There is a forum member here that is a HUGE Katana forum member. He has created some downloadable patches that are insanely good. I am using one of them for many of my sounds. The brown sound is extremely useable for almost everything.
                  BenoA is the JCFer who founded/leads the Katana group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/boss.katana/

Comment

I want to hear it! please post something!
                    Please visit my all metal youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/helmoftheantilemon/videos

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                      BenoA is the JCFer who founded/leads the Katana group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/boss.katana/
                      Yes. That's him. His patches are awesome.

Comment

I wonder why they don't make a stereo model? My next serious combo will feature the latest modeling, software compatible with my Macbook OS, and be stereo.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          This is the same guy that used to gig a Line 6 Vetta

I have the 100w head and it saved my ass at the last gig. The big tube head started fading in and out during the second set. I'd only thrown the Katana in the car as an afterthought. But when it became clear after a very frustrating couple of songs that the main head wasn't going to play nice, I laid out for a half song while the band played on, unplugged the speaker cabinet & plugged it into the Katana, set it to 50 watts and used my pedalboard for crunch & lead tones into the clean channel for the rest of the night. It's plenty loud and sounded good enough to get me through the show. I'm half tempted to properly setup patches for our setlist & drag the old FCB1010 out of mothballs to control it.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                            Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                            Yes. That's him. His patches are awesome.
                            Thanks for the publicity guys!

@jgcable You did a very good review. Yes, these amps are that good. And I still own my share of a few tubes amps around me.

As for whoever who wants to listen to how they sound, go to my youtube page. many many humble videos from an average Joe.

What you will hear is how it sounds for real. No special EQing or magical mastering. I also post all my recording process either in the videos or in the video details. It's all there in details. Feel free to subscribe and/or ask questions in videos. I try to answer everyone.
                            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              This is the same guy that used to gig a Line 6 Vetta

I have the 100w head and it saved my ass at the last gig. The big tube head started fading in and out during the second set. I'd only thrown the Katana in the car as an afterthought. But when it became clear after a very frustrating couple of songs that the main head wasn't going to play nice, I laid out for a half song while the band played on, unplugged the speaker cabinet & plugged it into the Katana, set it to 50 watts and used my pedalboard for crunch & lead tones into the clean channel for the rest of the night. It's plenty loud and sounded good enough to get me through the show. I'm half tempted to properly setup patches for our setlist & drag the old FCB1010 out of mothballs to control it.
                              You can make it MUCH easier on yourself and go with what I suggested. Get the GA-FC foot controller. Its one of the simplest, most intuitive foot controllers I have used, its built like a tank and its nice and compact. Add a Roland EV-5 volume pedal to it (the volume pedal plugs directly into the foot controller) and you will have adjustable solo boost. You can also assign a wah or other things to it if you want. I use it for solo boost. No programing involved. Just plug everything in, set the min volume knob on the volume pedal and you are good to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X