Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I proclaim this the best sounding combo I have ever owned.. ever!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BenoA
    replied
    PowerTube I don't see any problem getting that type of sound. Just take my settings from the video above (posted by jgcable ) and add some delay to it. You should be very close.

Leave a comment:

• PowerTube
    replied
    Will the Katana give this type of tone?

http://www.southtech1644.com/files/NeoclassicalRun.mp3

This is me screwing around with an old POD 2.0 directly into the computer. When I played with the Brown setting at GC recently, it got in the ballpark.

Leave a comment:

• Number Of The Priest
    replied
    Someone on the Jackson Made in U.S.A group on Facebook posted this quick clip using a Katana (not sure which variant) and his iPhone camera/mic. Pretty fat tone.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1703...1877293161224/

Leave a comment:

• BenoA
    replied
    Originally posted by jgcable View Post
    I put on Lay it Down and compared your tone to the original recorded tone.Â* Its extremely close. Dare I say... if you added a little more delay and a tiny bit of studio compression its exactly the tone in that song. Yeah... the riff is a little off... lol....Â* but thats not the focus. Its the tone.Â*Â*
    Ha ha! Cool that I'm so close with no intention of getting that sound. Also I may be off, played it by what I remembered of it. Gotta have to pull the tune and listened back to it. It's been a while! Rock on!

Leave a comment:

• jgcable
    replied
    I put on Lay it Down and compared your tone to the original recorded tone.  Its extremely close. Dare I say... if you added a little more delay and a tiny bit of studio compression its exactly the tone in that song. Yeah... the riff is a little off... lol....  but thats not the focus. Its the tone.  

Leave a comment:

• BenoA
    replied
    I watched it last night on my way home from work on the train. Absolutely nails the Ratt tone. Just add some delay and it would be hard to tell the difference between the record and that patch.

I use your 1959 I&II tube screamer patch as my baseline for everything.
    Thanks! Very appreciated. Glad my settings are working for someone else. As I said, I wasn't aiming the sound at all but what is in y head when I'm twisting the knobs is always not too far that 80s kind of sound.

I don't play in a band anymore and only played my Katana +2x12 once in a "live" situation at an office Xmas party.

Leave a comment:

• jgcable
    replied
    Originally posted by BenoA View Post
    Recorded this a few days ago. Was not looking for a Ratt sound but it's the first riff that came to my mind when I decided to record a clip showing the amp's sound.

For whoever is interested, I posted at the end of my video, the settings. Let me know.

I watched it last night on my way home from work on the train. Absolutely nails the Ratt tone. Just add some delay and it would be hard to tell the difference between the record and that patch.
    I use your 1959 I&II tube screamer patch as my baseline for everything. I still haven't used my Katana 1 x 12 100w combo live yet. Every time I have a show I feel guilty not bringing one of my expensive tube amp rigs so I end up leaving the Katana home and I only have been using it for band rehearsals for the multiple bands I am in. That's about to change. This amp rips and its extremely consistent sounding. It always sounds great. The last show I played was Friday night. My band mates saw my uber expensive rig I brought and they asked me why I didn't bring the "BOSS" amp. Even they are convinced.

Leave a comment:

• BenoA
    replied
    Recorded this a few days ago. Was not looking for a Ratt sound but it's the first riff that came to my mind when I decided to record a clip showing the amp's sound.

For whoever is interested, I posted at the end of my video, the settings. Let me know.

Leave a comment:

• BenoA
    replied
    @jgcable, if you don't use the FX loop you could use it as a boost. Go to my Youtube page and search for "loop" I show exactly how to do it. One click on your GA-FC and you got a volume boost.

Leave a comment:

• jgcable
    replied
    Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    This is the same guy that used to gig a Line 6 Vetta

I have the 100w head and it saved my ass at the last gig. The big tube head started fading in and out during the second set. I'd only thrown the Katana in the car as an afterthought. But when it became clear after a very frustrating couple of songs that the main head wasn't going to play nice, I laid out for a half song while the band played on, unplugged the speaker cabinet & plugged it into the Katana, set it to 50 watts and used my pedalboard for crunch & lead tones into the clean channel for the rest of the night. It's plenty loud and sounded good enough to get me through the show. I'm half tempted to properly setup patches for our setlist & drag the old FCB1010 out of mothballs to control it.
    You can make it MUCH easier on yourself and go with what I suggested. Get the GA-FC foot controller. Its one of the simplest, most intuitive foot controllers I have used, its built like a tank and its nice and compact. Add a Roland EV-5 volume pedal to it (the volume pedal plugs directly into the foot controller) and you will have adjustable solo boost. You can also assign a wah or other things to it if you want. I use it for solo boost. No programing involved. Just plug everything in, set the min volume knob on the volume pedal and you are good to go.

Leave a comment:

• BenoA
    replied
    Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
    BenoA is the JCFer who founded/leads the Katana group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/boss.katana/
    Yes. That's him. His patches are awesome.
    Thanks for the publicity guys!

@jgcable You did a very good review. Yes, these amps are that good. And I still own my share of a few tubes amps around me.

As for whoever who wants to listen to how they sound, go to my youtube page. many many humble videos from an average Joe.

What you will hear is how it sounds for real. No special EQing or magical mastering. I also post all my recording process either in the videos or in the video details. It's all there in details. Feel free to subscribe and/or ask questions in videos. I try to answer everyone.

Leave a comment:

• VitaminG
    replied
    Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
    Who are you...and what have you done with John??
    This is the same guy that used to gig a Line 6 Vetta

I have the 100w head and it saved my ass at the last gig. The big tube head started fading in and out during the second set. I'd only thrown the Katana in the car as an afterthought. But when it became clear after a very frustrating couple of songs that the main head wasn't going to play nice, I laid out for a half song while the band played on, unplugged the speaker cabinet & plugged it into the Katana, set it to 50 watts and used my pedalboard for crunch & lead tones into the clean channel for the rest of the night. It's plenty loud and sounded good enough to get me through the show. I'm half tempted to properly setup patches for our setlist & drag the old FCB1010 out of mothballs to control it.

Leave a comment:

• catzodellamarina
    replied
    I wonder why they don't make a stereo model? My next serious combo will feature the latest modeling, software compatible with my Macbook OS, and be stereo.

Leave a comment:

• jgcable
    replied
    Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
    BenoA is the JCFer who founded/leads the Katana group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/boss.katana/
    Yes. That's him. His patches are awesome.

Leave a comment:

• uglijimus
    replied
    I want to hear it! please post something!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X