Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I proclaim this the best sounding combo I have ever owned.. ever!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@jgcable, if you don't use the FX loop you could use it as a boost. Go to my Youtube page and search for "loop" I show exactly how to do it. One click on your GA-FC and you got a volume boost.
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Recorded this a few days ago. Was not looking for a Ratt sound but it's the first riff that came to my mind when I decided to record a clip showing the amp's sound.

For whoever is interested, I posted at the end of my video, the settings. Let me know.

JB aka BenoA

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
        Recorded this a few days ago. Was not looking for a Ratt sound but it's the first riff that came to my mind when I decided to record a clip showing the amp's sound.

For whoever is interested, I posted at the end of my video, the settings. Let me know.

I watched it last night on my way home from work on the train. Absolutely nails the Ratt tone. Just add some delay and it would be hard to tell the difference between the record and that patch.
        I use your 1959 I&II tube screamer patch as my baseline for everything. I still haven't used my Katana 1 x 12 100w combo live yet. Every time I have a show I feel guilty not bringing one of my expensive tube amp rigs so I end up leaving the Katana home and I only have been using it for band rehearsals for the multiple bands I am in. That's about to change. This amp rips and its extremely consistent sounding. It always sounds great. The last show I played was Friday night. My band mates saw my uber expensive rig I brought and they asked me why I didn't bring the "BOSS" amp. Even they are convinced.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          I watched it last night on my way home from work on the train. Absolutely nails the Ratt tone. Just add some delay and it would be hard to tell the difference between the record and that patch.

I use your 1959 I&II tube screamer patch as my baseline for everything.
          Thanks! Very appreciated. Glad my settings are working for someone else. As I said, I wasn't aiming the sound at all but what is in y head when I'm twisting the knobs is always not too far that 80s kind of sound.

I don't play in a band anymore and only played my Katana +2x12 once in a "live" situation at an office Xmas party.

JB aka BenoA

Comment

I put on Lay it Down and compared your tone to the original recorded tone.  Its extremely close. Dare I say... if you added a little more delay and a tiny bit of studio compression its exactly the tone in that song. Yeah... the riff is a little off... lol....  but thats not the focus. Its the tone.  

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              I put on Lay it Down and compared your tone to the original recorded tone.Â* Its extremely close. Dare I say... if you added a little more delay and a tiny bit of studio compression its exactly the tone in that song. Yeah... the riff is a little off... lol....Â* but thats not the focus. Its the tone.Â*Â*
              Ha ha! Cool that I'm so close with no intention of getting that sound. Also I may be off, played it by what I remembered of it. Gotta have to pull the tune and listened back to it. It's been a while! Rock on!
              JB aka BenoA

Comment

Someone on the Jackson Made in U.S.A group on Facebook posted this quick clip using a Katana (not sure which variant) and his iPhone camera/mic. Pretty fat tone.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1703...1877293161224/

Comment

Will the Katana give this type of tone?

http://www.southtech1644.com/files/NeoclassicalRun.mp3

This is me screwing around with an old POD 2.0 directly into the computer. When I played with the Brown setting at GC recently, it got in the ballpark.

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

PowerTube I don't see any problem getting that type of sound. Just take my settings from the video above (posted by jgcable ) and add some delay to it. You should be very close.
                    JB aka BenoA

Comment

PowerTube I don't see any problem getting that type of sound. Just take my settings from the video above (posted by jgcable ) and add some delay to it. You should be very close.
                      No problem at all with the Katana. I listened to the Pod 2.0 clip. I agree with BenoA. Just dial up his patch and add some delay. Maybe take a little of the mids out of his patch.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I think that would work with cutting the mids a bit and maybe adding some compression.

I'm seriously considering the head version.

Comment

I just discovered that the head only has ONE speaker out.

Are they kidding?!

Comment

PowerTube it's enough to drive a 4x12 cab or I did try mine with a pair linked in series. As long as you run it at 8 ohms minimum.
                            JB aka BenoA

Comment

PowerTube it's enough to drive a 4x12 cab or I did try mine with a pair linked in series. As long as you run it at 8 ohms minimum.
                              I understand, but that also means that it couldn't replace my current home rig, a Carvin X100B with Boss GT100 going across two 4x12's. If I got the Katana, one 4x12 would go to waste.

Comment

PowerTube does your cab have an output so you can plug them in series? Mine do
                                JB aka BenoA

Comment

Working...
                                X