Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone here had the chance to try one of the new Marshall "studio" amps yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here had the chance to try one of the new Marshall "studio" amps yet?

I'm getting sick of lugging my JVM 210H around, the JCM800 model looks and sounds very appealing to me from what I've heard on Youtube
    but I'm wondering if 20 watts is actually enough to play in a 2 guitar band playing classic rock
    the Plexi model sounds good to me as well
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Plenty of threads on this in the gear page.

Don't limit your searches to just this model. Any of the 20 watt dual EL34 models (DSL20HR, 2525 Silver Jub,...) will be similar in loudness.

And don't forget speakers. Pumping a quad of V30's would be quite loud.

Comment

I'll go check it out, I'm using 2X12 cabs if they can keep up with a drummer and another guitarist using a 2X12 ....might be time to sell he JVM
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I played through an Origin 20. It sounded very Plexi-ish even through G12 T75's. Can be as loud or as quiet as you want, too.

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
          I'm getting sick of lugging my JVM 210H around, the JCM800 model looks and sounds very appealing to me from what I've heard on Youtube
          but I'm wondering if 20 watts is actually enough to play in a 2 guitar band playing classic rock
          the Plexi model sounds good to me as well
          Its absolutely loud enough. Here is my take though.... after trying all the studio models... I just don't see the justification of spending all that money when compared to the DSL20HR head. Its less than 1/2 the price and its pretty close in live tone. But.. to answer your direct question... the JCM800 and the Plexi and even the Silver Jubilee are all excellent sounding amps and 20 watts is PLENTY loud enough. For gigs.. I use my DSL20HR and I have it set at the 10 watts mode and I run it 1/2 up on the master volume. Nothing but compliments on my tone. I am in a classic rock cover band. Thats the amp I use.

Comment

I haven't played them yet but I listened to so many clips and after plugging back into my DSL50 Head... I could not justify spending my money on those new Mini Marshall.

For sure, if I had not my DSL50, I'd probably be very tempted. However, in Canada, I was told the first batch sold pretty quickly and the next one would only arrive in June.

Anyway, I ended buying a Mesa Mark V:25 that was on the local ads for a decent price. And now I think I found my "desert island" amp but that would need another thread of its own.
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I played a used 2525H head at GC and it was like falling in love all over again. I played one when they first came out (a 2553 head int the 4x10 A cab) and loved it. I came pretty close to buying one, but I need to get rid of some of the amps I currently have.

Comment

Working...
              X