My Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Marshall

First let me say that I have never said one bad word about Mesa,Soldano, CAE or any other amp other than a 5150. I can't afford them and have never even tried them.

But they're are people on the forum who constantly bash Marshalls, and I couldn't understand why, because I love my sound.

The guy who works at the local Music store(where I got my gear ) came over the other day to check out my setup. He is a Boogie guy all the way, uses a Triple rectifier and a Tri axess I beleive. Anyway , he hates Marshalls.

He plugged in and to my amazment, he said he really liked the sound. He used both my Jackson and his Ernie Ball Petrucci, but there wasn't much differernce in the tone between the two.

Anyway, he said that he hasn't heard a Marshall that sounded like mine, and he also said that he hated my head while it was at the store. I find it hard to beleive,that mine could be so different than most others.,but I guess that's a good thing [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

This was the first time I actually got to sit back and listen to my stuff while some else who knew what they were doing played it, and I have to say I am very happy with it. I have 4 sounds out of it- I use the Clean channel, the 1st lead mode by itself, the 1st lead mode with a tube screamer, and the clean channel with the tube screamer.

Anyway , my whole point to this rant is that maybe Most Marshalls do suck, cause I'm hearing it from most everyone, but I guess I'm very lucky to have one that sounds great.Could be my tech is just a Genius [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] HAHA
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: My Marshall

I have a TSL100 with a 1960ax cab (100watt). I run my GT-6 thru the clean channel using the bypass button when I want to use the other 2 marshall channels. I am very happy with the sound I can achieve from my setup. I also use my MesaBoogie MKIV when I'm just fooling around.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I Love Fat A@@ Marshall Tone!!!!!!!

Ok, I feel better now.

Comment

LordofGain,

You have been one of my FEW supporters [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Marshall amps are great.I love them.

And you should also try other amps when you have chances.
          They are all different and many great amps are out there.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

First let me say that I have never said one bad word about Mesa,Soldano, CAE or any other amp other than a 5150. I can't afford them and have never even tried them.

But they're are people on the forum who constantly bash Marshalls, and I couldn't understand why, because I love my sound.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Rick, I'm not here to bash on you or Marshalls in general, but with that statement, you have answered your own question. If you were to spend a little time with CAE, Bogner, Soldano, and other amps of the sort, you will quickly come to realize why the people bash Marshalls, and are generally bashing the newer ones.

I know you have a great ear for tone, and you would jump ship in a New York minute if you did play these other amps.

[ January 15, 2003, 02:19 AM: Message edited by: Chuckracer ]

Comment

I love my Marshall [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hail yesterday

Comment

The Marshall MS-2 is without a doubt the most amazing amp ever created. It does it all from clean to hard rock, and when you spin the knob to overdrive...well, stand back!! All this, and you can clip it to your belt! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I actually have 3 marshall amps, and love them all so you can count me in as a marshall supporter. Of course, they are all from 1987 or earlier. Oh yeah, I also have the MS-2 pictured above, but it's broken, and just sits next to an Ace Frehley KISS mego doll. Looks like Ace has a nice little halfstack!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Marshalls ROCK!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I got a 8100 valvestate on the way.Hope I like it.

Comment

Hey Chuck,

If I could afford any of those , I probably wouldn't be able to tell you what a Marshall sounded like. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'm just glad that I can be happy with what I can afford, and that I don't have to do unspeakable things to get the GOOD stuff HAHAHA!

Comment

I also have a little MS2, two Lead 15 micro stacks, and an 8240 Valvestate 2x12 stereo chorus combo. The Marshall sound kicks ass!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Marshall fan here. I had a 100 watt Solid State that was great but I sold it when I got my 9005 rack setup and still have my JCM800 2 channel 50 watt for backup. Alot of the music we listen to today was recorded on Marshalls.

Remember Vince, the big Marshall basher ?? He was begging me for my JCM800.

Matt

Comment

Yeah, Vince actually wanted to buy one of my micro stacks, said it would be perfect for his nephew. He even haggled to lower the already low price and I said sure... he never emailed me back. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X