Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you guys think?

The ideal setup would look like this:

Be sure your Gain knob is also maxed out. You don't want to take a chance on losing gain. You could also run your Boss Mega Distortion through the effects loop. Good luck.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey power tube with all those pedals , wouldnt you have the best tone ever? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by ColdVayne:
          Hey power tube with all those pedals , wouldnt you have the best tone ever? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ummm...maybe. You might still consider getting a power attenuator.
          [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I have a rocktron gainiac, and trust me you WON'T get a high gain sound out of it. it's totally misleading advertising on rocktrons part. bear in mind it only has one preamp tube though. you can get some good tones out of it, but not high gain crunch.

just thought I'd give you a heads up

get a rocktron piranha, it's better suited to what you want in a preamp

Comment

Hey Troy, funny you should make that statement about Shadows Fall's guitar sound....I LOVE the band but I can't stand their tone, at least on The Art Of Balance....sounds so 'airy,' you know, kinda like the microphone is picking up the rest of the sounds in the room too, I dunno, I just hate it....a guitar sound I do love however, would be Testament, from Low up to now....phenomenal guitar sound!

Comment

Working...
              X