question about the triaxis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about the triaxis

I was wanting to know how the trixis duplicates the original Mrk2c+ ...because every time I hear that fade to black on cliffem all sound..it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . I was also wondering if it would be possible to use my 5150 head as a poweramp for it I just got it so Im not quite sure what its capable of yet.

Re: question about the triaxis

I am not sure about your first question but I know you can use the 5150 as a power amp. All you have to do is take the output of the triaxis to the return of the effects loop on the 5150. So your setup would be.

Guitar ---> input of triaxis ----> output of triaxis to the return of 5150

Hope that helps

Comment

I have the triaxis and run it with the mesa 290 poweramp.It gets the same sound.As a matter of fact thats The sound I use alot.Its the lead 2 yellow on the triaxis.You have to tweak it alot from its original setting but its not hard to do.As far as running it with a head I am not sure.But I dont think you will get its optimal sound that way.I would run it with a seperate poweramp.Hope this helps you.Later paul..

Comment

I never saw Cliff 'Em All but wasnt metallica still using marshalls then? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Metallica used marshalls for their first two albums. By master, they were using mark 2C+'s.

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Although not 100% Mark IIC+ I think Encymet sites some Marshall use. The MArk IIC+ was thier main sound though. Hey Petrucci scrapped most of his Triaxis Rig in favor of IIC+'s but he can afford more than you or I on gear. I have heard that the Triaxis does well with Mark sounds including the IIC+

If you need the IIC+ go with that if you need versatility go with the triaxis.
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
            X