1. Soldano SLO 100
    2. Rivera Knucklehead
    3. Mesa Boogie Triple Recto
    4. Marshall JCM 2000 TSL
    5. Line 6 HD 2
    6. Carvin MTS
    7. Peavey XXX
    8. (write in a nomination)

Pick the best overall. Not the best death metal amp, the coolest looking, the loudest, the most prestigious but the BEST amp with the best tone to play a variety of music. Give some good reasons. Not Beavis responses.

Re: Heisman of Heads

Crap. I just noticed the polling place. Sorry.

Comment

The Bogner Ecstasy. You can get it in different visual options if that's important to you. And it no doubt is one of the most versatile there is out there. Several tube variations are also available. And it just sounds great no matter what configuration it comes in. Personally I would pick the SLO. But I love that Soldano high gain overdrive tone. But for versatility it has to go to the Ecstasy.
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

SLO 100, Bogner Ecstacy and maybe the CAE OD100...

The rest in the list aren't even comparable with these amps...

However, the Rivera and MESA are a distant possibility though as the construction quality is high.

[ December 16, 2002, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

I throw in my .02- Bogner Uber
          www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Comment

(To continue Johns post) .... And they sound great! heheheh

What about the Uberschall? I guess it's not on there due to lack of versatility?

Comment

I guess it's not on there due to lack of versatility?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, I'd say that's about it... Ubers are very cool amps assuredly. But, a one trick pony... A VERY cool trick though, and if your a metalhead, the Uber is the holy grail of heads. Especially, you detuned new metal guys... You'll toss those MESA spongeboxes.... Hehe JK (sorta)

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina:
                1. Soldano SLO 100
                2. Rivera Knucklehead
                3. Mesa Boogie Triple Recto
                4. Marshall JCM 2000 TSL
                5. Line 6 HD 2
                6. Carvin MTS
                7. Peavey XXX
                8. (write in a nomination)

Pick the best overall. Not the best death metal amp, the coolest looking, the loudest, the most prestigious but the BEST amp with the best tone to play a variety of music. Give some good reasons. Not Beavis responses.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, so far my vote would have to go to the knucklehead from what you listed with a caveat, I have not played through an ecstacy yet so my view may change in the future.
                My head is the KR 100 T and it does an awful lot of styles of music with ease. I haven't gotton it to do a better Marshall than Marshall can yet on high gain but it has a way better clean than Marshall hands down.
                I also have yet to play through an SLO and with my Marshall roots it may be the head I ultimately fall in love with.
                For a wide variety of styles I vote for the Knucklehead.

Comment

Catzodellamarina, I just re-read your post and I don't get what you are looking for.

"...the best tone to play a variety of music."

So are you looking for our personal "Holy Grail" tone amps, or the one that slices, dices, and makes jullian fries? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I like my fries crinkle cut. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

twirly fries are better

Comment

well, I played Tim's (BroFF) Uber and XTC back to back with MY RR1. I chose the XTC instantly. Mind you, Im not a nu-metal guy. For me, the gain channel on the Uber was very good as stated by many here, but the red channel with boost on the XTC was not that much different to my ears. A bit more gain yes, but the versatility in the XTC far outwayed any tone difference to me. Really you cant wrong with a Bogner as far as Im concerned.

JOHN

Comment

Marshall Superleads (small logo, 4 input) with a master volume mod. Add pedals in front for variety. Deafening; cuts through the mix; classic Marshall tube sound; It shreds.

Comment

Man you guys are LOOZERS! The Line 6 is obviously the best! [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

This poll is gay
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X