ADA preamps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADA preamps?

I have a chance to pick up a stack with an ADA mp-1, ADA Microcab, Randall Power Amp, and a no name cab with 4 celestions. $500 even. Yay or Nay? Input apreciated! Oh yeah i'll be playing a Model 3 through it.

Re: ADA preamps?

what kind of power amp is that? solid or tubes?
    ADA MP1 is a great preamp for the price($100-200 on E-bay).
    It needs a lot of tweeking to get nice sound out of it but once you find,preset it.
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Tubes for the ADA, not sure about the Randall. This thing sounds so nice. Perfect for shredding.

Comment

Originally posted by Wow:
        This thing sounds so nice.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So buy it.

I read somewhere that a guy went to buy a Dime333. He loved it, "played like a dream". He backed out because it was made in China. It shouldn't matter where it was made.

My point is, if you like it, get it.

Comment

This has nothing to do with General Jackson/Charvel Talk... this should be in the Amps and Effects section... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm getting it.

Comment

If it were available near me, I would buy that rig in a second. I use an MP-1 now, and run it into an Intellifex and a combo, but I would much rather use a power amp and a cab.

If you like how it sounds... do it. Don't worry about what other people think..... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Fox:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Wow:
                This thing sounds so nice.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So buy it.

I read somewhere that a guy went to buy a Dime333. He loved it, "played like a dream". He backed out because it was made in China. It shouldn't matter where it was made.

My point is, if you like it, get it.
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Funny I ahve a Dime 333 and it is a great guitar and he really lost out on that. I understand not buying something that is Korean made sight unseen because quality varies so much but in his case not a good choice.
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

If you change your mind and want to part out any of it.... let me know. I'd be interested in the MP1 or the Randall.

However, I'm sure you;ll enjoy it too much to want to get rid of it! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X