Someone help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone help me

This may seem funny but i just got yesterday my first effect [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] and i want to use my effect i just got ( a boss bf-3 ) into my amp ( peavey 5150 ) and my eq i just got also yesterday ( mxr 31 band eq ) how can this be done . Is it possible to use the effect and the eq without haveing to by a rack mount unit or anything , please help im short on cash [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Someone help me

I am not familiar with the model equalizer you have.

Study the input and outputs etc, then read the suggested connections in one of the owners manuals if you have one of them.

Comment

I can't remember what the BF-2 is (Flanger, maybe??), but if I were you I'd put that eq in the effects loop of the amp.

Comment

Yeah its a flanger effect its the updated version of the BF-2 , i was thinking about running it threw my fx loop but i was wondering if i could run the effect AND the eq threw the fx loop and if so how , because i called sam ash and they said hell no you cant

Comment

Yeah, you'd never want to run an effect through the effects loop I guesss huh? hehe... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Wellll, try it and see what it does... You won;t hurt it. Some effects or loops don't get along... So it might or might not be so good. Some loops are hot and the effects don't like it.

Some effects loops like line level stuff like rack effects only. I'd try it in the lop and in the front input... See what works for YOUR ear...

Never take a guitar superstores staffs word as gospel, haha... They have good people there that are smart and they have morons there that ummm, aren't so smart... Never gamble unless you know the guy is smart and understands your needs.

Comment

Thats why i always come here for help because there are incredibly smart people here [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Try this

Go out of the send of your loop to the in of the BF3 out of the BF3 into the in of the EQ out of the EQ back into the recieve of the effects loop.Plug your guitar into the front of the amp.Start with volume low, and adjust the effects till they sound good to you. Hope this helps. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              www.kiddhavok.com
              www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

If the above doesn't work to well. Try this; run the eq in the loop and then the Flanger in the front. Is the eq a pedal or a rack unit? If its a rack it should run thru the FX loop they just sound better that way.
                Gil

Comment

Thanks everyone it works perfect [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] , The peavey 5150 with this eq sounds great i set it to boost the mids big time and oh my word does it sound so freakin good [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X