No announcement yet.

Avid Eleven Rack 11R questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up with the following and I am very happy. I haven't tried it live yet but it certainly sounds good at home... Everybody that has heard it is pretty blown away. I am using 6 patches. The 3 Bogner 101C patches... green, blue and red and the 3 Soldano SLO100 patches.... clean, crunch and lead.
    I have the cab sims turned off and the speaker breakup on 0. The volume control on my guitar changes the sounds just like my tube amps. I am also going to build 3 Rectifier patches.
    The only things I am not happy about is the EITHER...OR scenario regarding the midi foot controller. On my Midi Moose I can only do patch changes. I can't turn effects on and off or anything else like that. I looked into the Behringer FCB1010 with the UNO chip but even on that one it appears I would have to choose from either patch changing or individual controller changes (basically patch mode or stomp box mode). I can't build separate patches with the effects built in and use it in patch change mode because the Eleven rack doesn't change patches quick enough. There is a definite delay in patch changes that absolutely will not work for me live. It also doesn't trail the effects so its even more apparent.

Eleven Rack
    Furman power conditioner
    Carvin DC1001 stereo 1000w SS power amp. I only run one side because I am using the rig as a mono system
    Carvin UX16 Wireless system
    Tech 21 Midi Moose (for patch change only).
    Behringer FCV100 Expression pedal (I use it for volume for solo boost and swells)
    Marshall 1960A loaded with stock 75w Celestions
    Last edited by jgcable; 10-05-2017, 07:42 AM.

Comment

I have another observation and question for any Eleven rack users here on the JCF. Obviously you all know about the slight delay in changing patches and the fact that the Eleven Rack has no effects spillover so it fairly limited for live use.
      My question is this.... what if I put my TC Electronics Nova system in the loop of the Eleven? It has spillover. Would that work? Basically the Eleven Rack would need to have the effects loop active all the time regardless and unaffected by patch (rig) changes. I am not sure if it does. That would certainly mask the slight delay in patch changes live!

Comment

Working...
      X