New preamp craigslist score.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New preamp craigslist score.

Scored a Digitech 2120 Artist and a Control 1 controller off craigslist for a god price. I figured that after using my Chameleon that I bought new in '97 )for 16 years now it might be time to try something new, well old, but new to me. It has the latest Eprom update. The guy I got it from said he bought it in '04 and had never changed the tubes so I wanted to throw a fresh set in there. Where's a good place online to get a decent price on a set of Sovtek 12AX7WA's?
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Nice grab, I used to own a 2101. No clue on a source for the tubes (I never changed those preamp tubes as they last forever).

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      (I never changed those preamp tubes as they last forever).
      You should give it a try, not for reliabilty but sound
      different brands/types can really add something else to your amp's character
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Nice score bro!! I get all my tubes here. https://www.tubedepot.com/?gclid=CKn...FepQOgod8lkAPw
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
          You should give it a try, not for reliabilty but sound
          different brands/types can really add something else to your amp's character
          That could be, but I sold that thing years ago. I'm in full blown Axe FX II mode now!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            That could be, but I sold that thing years ago. I'm in full blown Axe FX II mode now!
            Well,....

......Try getting some new tubes in to that

"There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
              Well,....

......Try getting some new tubes in to that

They probably have a persistent algorithm in there to emulate the tubes slowly wearing out. Then you'd have to pay $99.99 to download a "Fresh Tubes Pack".

Comment

Working...
              X