X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall G3 Series R212CX

Does anyone own one of these Randall G3 Series R212CX? <---Link Click

Are the Celestion Custom 80s any good?

I want to buy a cab and seeing how I just am a garage/bedroom player 2x12 seems like a good fit.

The Crate 2x12 speakers I use now are just getting old for me... plus I have to have the Head placed awkwardly to hook it up.

I know I been asking a lot of questions lately but I get some funny money and it's burning a hole in my pocket bad!!!
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

I have the 4x12 version of this, and believe it or not, it rocks.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CG0Q8wIwAw
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I'd give the Randall a run. I have a R212CS (V30's and the mic eliminator plate). Sounds amazing and the cab could take a drop from the roof. Randall cabs seem great to me.
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
        Originally posted by warlok View Post
        I'd give the Randall a run. I have a R212CS (V30's and the mic eliminator plate). Sounds amazing and the cab could take a drop from the roof. Randall cabs seem great to me.
        Thanks for the info... So far for the money looks like this is a good deal for a 2x12 cab...

When cabs say the speakers that are in them are their brand are they just relabeled know speaker brands?

^ Does this sentence make sense?
        sigpic
        Action Jackson

Comment

Most of the time they are.. I was actually just looking around this "inter-web" thing trying to find out what Eminence model the "Jet City Custom Driver" is. No luck so far.

Comment

There is a 4x12 Randall w/ Vintage 30's... for $250... If it's not sold yet I think that would be the one to buy...

I have been doing a lot of research and can't find much about these Custom 80's in the 2x12 Randall.

I went with a Raven cheapo cab a while back and it was cool but sounded cheap... I want something with a little more class yet not going to rape my wallet.
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
              There is a 4x12 Randall w/ Vintage 30's... for $250... If it's not sold yet I think that would be the one to buy...
              Smoking deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CG0Q8wIwAw
                Ditto. The Seventy 80s arent bad, but they sound best with the Randall voiced amps. If you plan on using with another amp, you have a 50 50 chance you wont like the sound. I fixed this by replacing 2 of the Seventy 80s with Super 65s. Mines beat to hell, but it sounds good. Lacks a little low frequency response, but not much.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I have been doing a lot of research and can't find much about these Custom 80's in the 2x12 Randall.

I went with a Raven cheapo cab a while back and it was cool but sounded cheap... I want something with a little more class yet not going to rape my wallet.
                  You wont because theyre called Seventy 80s.

When cabs say the speakers that are in them are their brand are they just relabeled know speaker brands?
                  Usually no. If their mand by a well known company, theyll usually say theyre "custom voiced by such and such a brand". Randall house brand is Jaguar and to my knowledge theyre just off brand with Randalls name on them.
                  Last edited by Twitch; 01-19-2012, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Bugera claims to make the speakers in house. They sound like V30s to me. Given their business strategy, they're most likely perfect (as can be) V30 clones.

Of course, speakers don't make a bad cab good. The cab however is solid as can be, built like a fuggen tank.
                    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                      You wont because theyre called Seventy 80s.
                      Well everyone that sells this cab calls them Custom 80's...

Probably going to buy local anyway now that I found that other Cab with V30's
                      sigpic
                      Action Jackson

Comment

Well everyone that sells this cab calls them Custom 80's...

Probably going to buy local anyway now that I found that other Cab with V30's
                        Oh, if theyre still selling them new then its not the cab version I have, ehh. Yes the V30 cab sounds like a winner. Is it the G3 cab, the one that went with the V2/T2 heads or the one for the new all tube series? Doesnt make a difference, just curious.

EDIT: The cabs for the new tube series have Greenbacks too.
                        Last edited by Twitch; 01-19-2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

He says it's a RA412CS 280 watts... so whatever that is... hopefully I'll have it on Saturday.
                          sigpic
                          Action Jackson

Comment

Ah, thats the MTS series 412. Strange I forgot about those. Nice, those are tanks(94 lbs worth according to specs). That things gonna be virtually indestructible, and for a damn good price. I really love the Randall stuff. Its top notch, but it comes cheap used because it doesnt have the stigma say a Mesa has.

Comment

Working...
                            X