Two different 4-cable methods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
    So does the S/R block is the GT-10's signal chain go before or after its own built in preamp?
    It depends. And here shines the flexibility of those FX processor. Let's say you have your favorite dirt pedal you would like to use with a buil-in preamp in the GT. You will use the FX before it's built-in preamp.

But, then, let's say it's a modulation FX pedal that you would love to use with it. In that case, you'd rather use it after the built-in preamp.

In your case, I think you want to use your amp's pre while using the GT for FX only? If this is correct.

You'd set the built-in GT10 preamps to OFF and put the FX loop somewhere in the middle just as in my previous post (for example):

comp, wah, fx1, od, preamp, LOOP, eq, noise supressor, FX2, chorus, delay, reverb

In that case, having the preamp before the loop would let you use the GT10's preamps and bypassing the your own amp's pre by switching the loop to OFF.

Does it make sense to you? Sounds so easy to me as I've been using my GT8 for over 5 years now but I can understand your questions as I think it's all new stuff for ya.

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

What BenoA said is right on. A simple summary is this: the S/R block would be your amp's preamp. Place it wherever you want depending on where you want it to sit in relation to the other blocks. It's no different than figuring out placement with separate pedals and an amp.
      Last edited by Chad; 01-15-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Yep, makes sense to me. Bring on tommorow
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
          A simple summary is this: the S/R block would be your amp's preamp. Place it wherever you want depending on where you want it to sit in relation to the other blocks. It's no different than figuring out placement with separate pedals and an amp.
          WOuld not have said it better. Thanks Chad and keep us posted wilkinsi!
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
          X