Trip to GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to GC

This had been there for sometime so I figured it was worth the gamble.
    I love older Fender SS amps and this one kicks ass for SS.
    Nice chimey Fender cleans on ch 1 nice smooth Fender OD on Ch2 kick in the boost and pretty damn loud!Reverb is nice too.
    All in all a good score I'm happy with it.

Last edited by straycat; 01-08-2012, 11:05 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Is that basically a Princeton chorus head?
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Have no idea this one is mid to late 80's.
      Does the PC have a boost switch?

Comment

I dont recall. A little homework could answer that question, but Im lazy. I just know the Princeton chorus combo always sounded great for a SS amp. Especially the clean channel and the chorus. Of all the amps Ive tried with a built in chorus, it wins, hands down.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Did some tweaking with the guitar db and gain output control on the back and wow it seemed to open it up nice drive in this amp smooth and buttery.
          Absolutely loved my pedal board Delay,BBE,3 OD choices sounded really good with the OCD fat and powerful.
          I'm impressed how good this 80's SS Fender is.The more you crank it the better it sounds.
          The cleans had me sold when I first plugged into it.
          Last edited by straycat; 01-09-2012, 01:02 AM.

Comment

all of fender's red-knob amps were/are fantastic - tube or SS. congrats on that head!!!!
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

There is a super 60 combo locally here. They want too much for the shape it is in now. I have seen a couple heads on ebay recently.
              Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Nice! I want to get a Fender Dual Showman Reverb eventually myself.
                2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                  all of fender's red-knob amps were/are fantastic - tube or SS. congrats on that head!!!!
                  Yes, Red Knob!
                  Mitch
                  AxeDealers/Guitarsehole

Comment

Working...
                  X