No announcement yet.

Mini Amp Craze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've said it a bazillion times and here comes a bazillion +1: I can tame ANY 100-watt stack to sound good anywhere from a whisper to a comfortable listening level, just by using pedals. Am I getting a lot of power tube saturation? Of course not. But neither is your DSL20H unless you're blowing the walls away. 20 watts is nothing to sneeze at. Or in the the King's English, "20 watts is nothing at which to sneeze, by jove." I digress.

I did it for years with a 100-watt Carvin X100B, and later with a Marshall JCM800 2210.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

• Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
      I've said it a bazillion times and here comes a bazillion +1: I can tame ANY 100-watt stack to sound good anywhere from a whisper to a comfortable listening level, just by using pedals. Am I getting a lot of power tube saturation? Of course not. But neither is your DSL20H unless you're blowing the walls away. 20 watts is nothing to sneeze at. Or in the the King's English, "20 watts is nothing at which to sneeze, by jove." I digress.

I did it for years with a 100-watt Carvin X100B, and later with a Marshall JCM800 2210.
      I am not using these small 20 watt heads because of the wattage. I am using them because of the physical size. I can transport my entire rig like a gentleman to any gig in my Prius C without even folding the back seat down and my stage tone is outstanding. Also.. the sound guys love me because I am not blowing them away with stage volume. My tone is absolutely outstanding and is no different to a 100 watt 1/2 stack.

Comment

• Hey, John. Nice to see you. I like how you're now into the mini amp craze to go with your mini car craze!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• I still love my SLO100, my forever amp.... don't get me wrong, but I sure do not regret my Hot Rod 25 purchase Finally took it out for a gig last month for the first time,,,this little head and a little 1x12. Felt like I was forgetting something when I was loading in, never had it so easy. Got the initial "oh, it's so cute" compliments when I set it up. Plugged in and played the gig and that "little amp" sure sang, and everybody absolutely loved it. Kept turning around expecting to see my SLO there, but no....just this little baby R2-D2 looking half stack with such a big sound.
          Last edited by lynchfan6; 03-01-2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Anyone jumped on the new mini Marshall SV20H and SC20H ??? Tempted by that new mini Plexi...
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

• Just added a Mesa Mark V:25. So far quite impressed by how good it sounds and all the features!
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
              X