Jackson RR-LL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR-LL

I'm looking for information on this guitar, Alexi (children of bodom) has two(recently they had been stolen) but anyways, what ive heard about it so far is the RR-LL was a modified RR3 with a bolt on 24 fret neck and came with duncan hums, but alexi's came with a custom jackon (EMG style) humbucker. I know there was only like 60 of these made, but where can i get pictures and more information on this guitar besides the pictures of alexi playing his.

Thanks in advance. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson RR-LL

I hear they were custom shops
    and they were neckthroughs, not bolt on

[ December 06, 2002, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: JacksonShredder ]

Comment

I found this guitar off of someone elses post, http://www.musiikkikullas.fi/jackson_rhoads59.htm but i can't read that language, and can't find anything else on the net about that guitar either. Any info on this besides the obvious.

Comment

Alexi's guitars were custom neckthrough RRs with 24 fret necks from the '80s, he bought them from Roope. These two guitars were stolen. Alexi did not play an RR-LL. The RR-LL was Finland only guitar. Bolt-on 24 fret neck, single hum. pickup, black with yellow bevels.

Comment

Comment

I wish this magazine was published here in the states.

Comment

Here is a pic of the RR-LL:

Flo
              http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

wicked axes!!! Damn, now I want a single hum 24 fret rhoads!!!
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Sorry to bring this topic back up again, but I really like to know what Pick-up is in that RR-LL.. any ideas? thnx..

Comment

Hey Barry just visit the message board on the official children of bodom page (i think it's http://www.cobhc.com )
                    I think i remember that some users there have a RR-LL. At least i read some topics about this guitar and since they are all alexi maniacs and many of them are from finland i guess your chance to find a owner of the RR-LL is quite good there.

Flo
                    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

ok I will, Im already a member but after the board when down for a short period there hasn't been anything on that guitar.. but you're right I'll ask them [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

kim once said in a post that they were custom humbuckers made by jackson for scott ian of anthrax...but from pictures it looks either like an EMG or an active jackson.......scott ians got a custom bucker from seymour duncan called diablo......

Comment

I tried getting this guitar a while back also. I looked all over the net and couldnt find it. I ended up contacting Jackson and they told me they don't make that model in the us. I wanted it really bad. That is one sweet guitar.

Comment

His Guitars had Jackson pickups n them with the big covers on them they look like EMGs but they are not

Most likeley they are J80's or J90's
                            with the Jackson JE100 Preamp that is what the small little togle is for Gain Boost

now for the Improt modela that is a Seymour Duncan i would say a JB or a Duncan Distorion

Comment

haha that pic up there is awesome, i cant believe they showed the back of the guitars. i remember roope made a post about that on the sinergy messageboard. and if anyones interested heres an old link to roopes gear back when he was in waltari.

here

Comment

Working...
                              X