Locking tuners/wilkinson trem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking tuners/wilkinson trem?

Would buying the planet waves locking tuners and a wilkinson bridge improve the tuning on a CHARVEL san dimas standard? I just bought this guitar and really love its neck and tone but the bitch likes to go out of tune! And i dont want a floyd on this CHARVEL. Any suggestions to remedy the tuning issue,especially when using the trem?
    Last edited by savage; 08-19-2009, 03:08 PM.
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Locking tuners may help a bit, but you are still going to have to deal with string slop on the bridge end.
    I have a Wilkinson V50 with a roller nut and Gotoh lockers and the damn thing still pops out of tune if you hit the trem to much.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      Locking tuners may help a bit, but you are still going to have to deal with string slop on the bridge end.
      I have a Wilkinson V50 with a roller nut and Gotoh lockers and the damn thing still pops out of tune if you hit the trem to much.
      i guess it comes down to a OFR or deal with it going out?
      If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I've heard of some guys stuffing cotton behind the ball ends in the vtrem to keep them from moving.
        Never tried it myself, but I don't think it would hurt.
        Once the strings are good and stretched, it "should" stay in tune.
        -Rick

Comment

I have had 2 guitars with wilkinson trems and locking tuners. one was a washburn mg104 and stayed in tune as well as a floyd. the second one is a carvin that doesn't stay in tune for shit. I really miss that washburn.

Comment

Working...
          X