New guy, Green So-cal in video use.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy, Green So-cal in video use.

Hey all, long time lurker; had an account several years ago when the boards were on a different host site.

I ordered my socal the day the second batch colors become available, and I LOVE this thing. I was actually looking at another brand and stumbled back on these forums to come across stratheads in a price range I could afford.

My band is nearly finished writing our full length record that we are recording ourselves and we uploaded a practice video playing a song of ours for our vocalist who lives in another state.

Can't wait to put this guitar on some real recordings beyond preproduction stuff we put on a myspace page. Anyways, good to be back here and hope some of ya's get some enjoyment out of this jam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptEfDmvcdEI

Hey watched the vid. Very cool. Some good riffs in there. I started fading around the 5 minute mark - you might want to tighten it up a bit.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I agree, the riffs are great...very classical feel. Good job, I've always liked the green Charvels too.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. This song is a bit longer than our usual songs due to what its about. Everything we do is based off a novel our drummer is currently writing so we like the keep the feel and emotion of the music with the story its supposed to be portraying as well as the lyrical content.

I played a Jackson dxmg for several years in the bands I played in before I joined this one and I had emg's in it, but I'm a total and complete convert to passive pickups now. Don't feel like I can say enough haha, just wish I had the cash flow to try to get one of the plums.

Comment

Sounds great man!

Comment

Sounds good, some cool riffs and runs.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidR View Post
                Thanks for the kind words. This song is a bit longer than our usual songs due to what its about. Everything we do is based off a novel our drummer is currently writing so we like the keep the feel and emotion of the music with the story its supposed to be portraying as well as the lyrical content.

I played a Jackson dxmg for several years in the bands I played in before I joined this one and I had emg's in it, but I'm a total and complete convert to passive pickups now. Don't feel like I can say enough haha, just wish I had the cash flow to try to get one of the plums.
                Loving the green, don't sweat the plum haha. I know what you mean, I recently got a RL600 and I'm way more content with these passives than I ever was with actives. Can't wait until I get some real SD instead of an HZ.
                "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

thats some good stuff bro
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

i love the keyboard, very cool

Comment

Love melodic death metal, keyboards are fantastic and that green Charvel is so tasty!
                      Do you guys have a myspace? I want to hear more haha.
                      "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Well, we draw influences from everything, but we are definitely not a melodic death metal band haha. More along the lines of super nerd fantasy power metal with everything based off a novel our drummer is almost finished with. Costumes for our characters and all. The great is that since the music reflects the story, every song has a different emotion to convey and we don't get trapped up in formulas.

the myspace currently only has preproduction demos with practice gear and fake drums but you can hear the vocals on it which is nice.

Its www.myspace.com/lorenguard.

Comment

sounds great dude!!
                          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

David,
                            What an EXCELLENT song! I'm loving this video!

Comment

Lots of talent in that band...thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                              X