Hard case for "new" Charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard case for "new" Charvels?

I see all of the newer Charvels come in gig bags...not hard cases (I have not seen one in person as there are no dealers in MN).

What is the availability/price of a real Charvel hard case? Or, are the days of a cool case (like the chainsaw) gone and a guy is better off with an SKB or something?

Sad that a $1,100 guitar comes with a gig bag...

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
    I see all of the newer Charvels come in gig bags...not hard cases (I have not seen one in person as there are no dealers in MN).

What is the availability/price of a real Charvel hard case? Or, are the days of a cool case (like the chainsaw) gone and a guy is better off with an SKB or something?

Check out the new Fender ATA cases. I have bought 4 of them recently. They are awesome and have beat out my number one choice in Gator cases for all the guitars I build and that come with Gig bags. Most places sell them for $99.

They have heavy duty latches and are really rigid.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
      Next year, they'll probably be $1500 with a case
      Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
        Check out the new Fender ATA cases. I have bought 4 of them recently. They are awesome and have beat out my number one choice in Gator cases for all the guitars I build and that come with Gig bags. Most places sell them for $99.

They have heavy duty latches and are really rigid.
        +1. They're really nice case for anything with a Strat body and headstock, much better than a comparable SKB which typically cost $20-$30 more.

Comment

+1 again. I saved a spare Fender Strat case from a MIM I sold early in the year, and the Fender case fits the San Dimas perfectly.
          Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

I get the Gator cases. Works like a charm.

And Gibson has been doing that with the USA SG for years - gig bag only, and those RETAIL for $1100+.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              And Gibson has been doing that with the USA SG for years - gig bag only, and those RETAIL for $1100+.
              Just the SG Special and below. You get a case with a standard. And my SG Special was $400 brand new from Sam Ash in 1993 - holy crap I feel old.

Funny story - I was actually charged for an SG Standard which was like $650. Once I found out I was overcharged, I got a refund and bought a Peavy Bandit 1x12 with the left over money.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

So, are there no Charvel-branded HSC's available with the newer stuff?

Comment

Even the CS guitars come with a G&G case. There is no Charvel case.

I got a Fender chainsaw-style case that fits like a glove. The SKB generic "strat" case fits very well, too.

Comment

Would the Fender case work for a Jackson Soloist? I've been looking for a case that fits mine well and it has been difficult so far.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Road Runner makes a nice hard case that would fit a soloist or strat. I think it's right around $99.
                      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                        Would the Fender case work for a Jackson Soloist? I've been looking for a case that fits mine well and it has been difficult so far.
                        NO. Doesn't fit worth a shit, and neither does the generic SKB, the point and high E tuner will be against the bottom of the case and it will slide back and forth and run into the inside of the case at the tip.

GuitarCenter or Sam Ash should be able to order you a Jackson-logo'd SKB that will fit really nice for about $100.

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                          Road Runner makes a nice hard case that would fit a soloist or strat. I think it's right around $99.
                          I'll have to check those out. I think a local store sells those.

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                          NO. Doesn't fit worth a shit, and neither does the generic SKB, the point and high E tuner will be against the bottom of the case and it will slide back and forth and run into the inside of the case at the tip.

GuitarCenter or Sam Ash should be able to order you a Jackson-logo'd SKB that will fit really nice for about $100.
                          That's part of what I'm worried about (Headstock touching bottom). I'm also worried about the Floyd being pushed down, which my current hardshell I have for my other Jackson does to my Soloist (Due to the non-low profile bridge). I was buying some trem springs today and I asked the guy what he thought and he said he would look into ordering me a Jackson case that form fits as well as some other deeper cases. I'm willing to spend a ton of money on one, I just want my Soloist safe which soft shell cases do not do well and that's what I have to use until I can locate a proper fitting hard shell.
                          "Dear Dr. Bill,
                          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                            I'll have to check those out. I think a local store sells those.

That's part of what I'm worried about (Headstock touching bottom). I'm also worried about the Floyd being pushed down, which my current hardshell I have for my other Jackson does to my Soloist (Due to the non-low profile bridge). I was buying some trem springs today and I asked the guy what he thought and he said he would look into ordering me a Jackson case that form fits as well as some other deeper cases. I'm willing to spend a ton of money on one, I just want my Soloist safe which soft shell cases do not do well and that's what I have to use until I can locate a proper fitting hard shell.

The main thing I was worried about was snapping the neck at the luthier's joint near the headstock, from the pressure on the bottom of the case, in the "generic" SKB.

My archtop w/recessed floyd has PLENTY of room in the Jackson SKB case, depth-wise. I don't have a Soloist old enough to have the non-recessed bridge but the other SKB I have works fine with my Sand Dimas Charvel (non-recessed bridge) so, hopefully one of the new-style Jackson SKB cases will do the trick for you.

Comment

I assume a San Dimas Style 1 wouldn't fit in my Model 3's chainsaw, right? Seems the headstock area of the case is too pointy-specific.

Comment

Working...
                              X