So, Tell me if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Tell me if...

How many of you mounted the hex keys (wrenches) on the back of the headstock on your USA Production models?

I used two sided tape, the kinda spongy kind. Works good and is removable.

Comment

I have them on about 1/2 dozen guitars.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I used to think the factory did this at one time but due to customers request they just put it in the case now. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

Comment

I don't know about now, but I have had a few USA Selects with them mounted and my custom shops have always had them in the case.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

My USA from 2004 had it mounted from the factory (the way it should be lol)

Comment

I installed one on my green SD1. I works flawlessley. It didn't come with my SoCal.

Comment

I just keep mine in the case. I use a multi-tool for guitar maintenance, so the two Allens are redundant for me. I never need to make adjustments on the fly.
                Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Well I asked because just prior to starting this thread I mounted them on my green and on my orange SoCals. The wrenches for the green one got lost somewhere during the short time it was owned buy the guy I sold it to, so I bought a complete set with the block on ebay. I was just curious to see who else put the extra hole in their guitar.

Comment

I didn't want to spoil mine with another hole...plus you can carry wrenches around in a safer place, normally or have them on hand at home!
                    http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Yeah, those little bitty tone-robbing holes totally kill sustain

That said, I never mount them. If I get a guitar with it already mounted, I remove the wrenches.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I didn't mount them on mine. I use a multi tool for that kind of stuff.

Comment

My '01 KV2 had it mounted from the factory. I assumed all USAs came with that.
                          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I hate to cover up all the flame on back of the headstock.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              Yeah, those little bitty tone-robbing holes totally kill sustain

Those little holes are actually tone ports. The amount of sustain and resonance increase from adding that one extra little hole is just ridiculous. My candy tangerine is still ringing and resonating as I type this. I haven't played it since Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                              X