Pickup boost in Charvel Spectrum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup boost in Charvel Spectrum?

A friend has a nice Charvel Spectrum, plays lovely, sounds OK but finds that the output is just too gay for words. Anyone given theirs a boost? Better to put in an EMG PA2, or use a boost pedal (bearing in mind all of his other guitars are fine), or lob some Blackouts in it instead? Will the EMG make it fucking noisy?

Any thoughts please.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
    A friend has a nice Charvel Spectrum, plays lovely, sounds OK but finds that the output is just too gay for words. Anyone given theirs a boost? Better to put in an EMG PA2, or use a boost pedal (bearing in mind all of his other guitars are fine), or lob some Blackouts in it instead? Will the EMG make it fucking noisy?

Any thoughts please.
    Why not just turn the gain up on the amp?

I have a 77 LP Custom with T-Tops. When run into the DSL100 Green channel, I max the gain and hit the overdrive button, and it's Thin Lizzy Boys are Back in Town tone.

Comment

even though they're stacked, they're still single coils in there. when i had a spectrum, i put a hot rails in the bridge.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
        even though they're stacked, they're still single coils in there. when i had a spectrum, i put a hot rails in the bridge.

sully
        Yeah, there are many pickups to swap out with, but he (the OP) sounded like he wanted to keep the tone, but just get a more output.

For swapping, there's a lot of cool stuff out there that we didn't have back when - JB Jr., lil 59, lil Demon, etc.

Otherwise, maybe find a boost that you can switch on and off, so that you can have the original tone and a boost.

Comment

Working...
        X