Kahler fixed bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler fixed bridge

Hey guys, I just have a little question for you smart JFCers. As we all know, Marty Friedman had a Kahler APM3310 fixed bridge on his KE1 signature model. Since that bridge is discontinued and most likely not available pretty much anywhere, I was looking for a substitute.

http://www.kahlerusa.com/home.html

On the site, I went to the The Products page, then clicked on fixed bridges. I then saw the 3300 fixed guitar bridge. Would this be a more modern version of Marty's, and would Jackson Custom Shop put this on a Kelly?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Hellbat
    Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

They're the same bridge with the exception of the saddles: the 3310 has steel and the 3300 has brass.

Comment

Ahh, ok that makes sense. Since it's currently in production, could Jackson Custom Shop use it?
      Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

Yes, they can use that bridge or any bridge u want new or old. If you supply it, they should be able to use it.

BTW, if you're looking for a Marty look-alike Kelly, it's best NOT to let the custom shop know you want it to look like his model, or else they'll likely not do it, stating it artist-similar. Total BS IMHO.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Well I'm only 15, I wasn't even considering getting one because of obvious reasons. I'm just thinking of options and dreams I guess. And you're right, they wouldn't even do a similar copy. Thanks for informing me!

Comment

Yes, the 3310 currently available from Kahler is the "modern" version of what Dave and Marty used on their guitars. It's the same bridge (same measurements. They will replace any old 3300 model.) the only exception being that the base plate is very slightly different. It is available in Black, Black Nickel, Chrome, and Gold.

I recently purchased one, here's a pic for comparison.

And yes, Jackson WILL put it on a Kelly. Even a Kelly with 1 humbucker . Just make sure you spec out your order and do not ask for a "KE1" or mention "Marty Friedman" and you should be fine.

Comment

mine is from 1997 and looks like the upper one.

Guess I'll gonna swap it anyway...
              '97 KV1 alder

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Homer View Post
                mine is from 1997 and looks like the upper one.

Guess I'll gonna swap it anyway...
                A Kahler 3310 from 1997 should look like this one.

They didn't start using the new baseplates like the upper pic until 2005/2006.

Comment

Wow thanks guys, I just want to try out a Kahler too. I've never even played a tremolo version of one, let alone see a stoptail.

Comment

Hi,

This is my first post in this forum!!!
                    I have a KE1 (1998) and 3 weeks ago a order a part of a Kahler 3310 (2009) and it matched fine. Just i noticed a little detail that you can see in the picture bellow, but it works well.

Comment

Aha! Well thank you very much for a good example, and welcome to the forum! I would love to see more pics of that KE1, you're a very lucky man to have one.

Cheers ~

Comment

Thank to you for your words!
                        When I will have free time I will make a photo session for my KE1!
                        I'm very happy to be here in this forum. I was trying to find info about my Kelly in jacksonguitars.com but they have a horrible support.
                        I found info in kahler.com, they have a good support!
                        chao

Comment

Working...
                        X