No announcement yet.

Replacement locking tuners for SLSMG...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement locking tuners for SLSMG...

I had an SLSMG years ago and remembered that the only locking tuners I could find where the shaft was long enough to let me screw the nut on on the face of the headstock were the Planet Waves autotrim tuners. The problem is the 3+3 sets don't have the screw tab at the 45 degree angle, so I bought 2 full sets of tuners, one right and one left and had a friend who needed the other 6 so I sold them to him. I just grabbed another SLSMG off ebay (flametop baby! ) and want to replace the tuners but don't want to bother with buying 2 sets of the PW ones again... I can get Schaller mini locking tuners individually and build the set I need but I'm concerned they are going to be too short...

Anyone retrofitted their SLSMG with new tuners and able to tell me what worked?

Try Sperzels. While they don't use screws at all (pilot pins, which can be pulled out), I've never had one slip on me. Then again, I don't bash my guitars around, so that helps.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Check Gotoh magnum lock tuners.
      Last edited by Kisonen; 07-06-2009, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X