replacement tune-o-matic bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement tune-o-matic bushings

I think I'm using the right term, the bushed that are hammered into the guitar that the screw screws in for the bridge...

ok.

here's my question, where can I find heavy duty bushings for a tune-o-matic style bridge? I am replacing the bridge on my Agile to gold, the bridge itself is pretty meaty but the bushings just seem a little lite to me.any suggestions where i can buy replacements?
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Stew-Mac, but it's an Agile so why bother?

1950's LP's came with a simple threaded screw into the body. With my ABR-1 LP's I use doubled up thumbwheels to stablize the bridge.

I guess what I'm say is that if a flimsey threaded screw was good enough for the originals, yours with a bushing should be overkill.

Post a pic so that we can see what you mean, what the issue is.

Comment

Oh no issue, it's just when i ordered the roller bridge the bushings just felt really, really lite. like made out of real cheap material. i figure if i'm going through the trouble of pulling out the old bushings might as well replace them with something of higher quality. like you said it is probably over kill. I didn't find anything on Stew-mac and the one thing i did find elsewhere was basically the same bushings.
      In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

You can also try www.WDMusic.com. Switch to the tone pros bridge and stop piece. If you opt for the metric set-up, the bushings and posts get pretty beefy. You will have to check the compatibility with what you have though.

Comment

Working...
        X