Will a DK2M accept an original Floyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a DK2M accept an original Floyd?

Without modifications, that is? After getting "Strat Fever" recently and discovering that they don't make the Floyd model with a maple board, I might pick up a DK2M.

So will she drop right in?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Yep... will drop right in.
    You can even use the 580's posts, spring claw and lock nut.
    No need to swap those unless you're doing a color change.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      Yep... will drop right in.
      You can even use the 580's posts, spring claw and lock nut.
      No need to swap those unless you're doing a color change.
      Thanks for the info!

Comment

Does the DK2M now have the Korean Floyd?
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          Does the DK2M now have the Korean Floyd?
          Nope... JT-580LP
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            Nope... JT-580LP
            So the new Kelly, King V and SL-3MG have the Korean Floyd?
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

I thought all Pro series guitars got the Korean Floyd upgrade this year.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                I thought all Pro series guitars got the Korean Floyd upgrade this year.
                The neck thru guitars did, but not the bolt-ons.
                -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                  Without modifications, that is? After getting "Strat Fever" recently and discovering that they don't make the Floyd model with a maple board, I might pick up a DK2M.

So will she drop right in?
                  Weird, i have the exact same fever, but instead I will get the fender floyd, and a warmoth neck and a jackson sticker. I do love my dinky, but I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED a Jackson Strat.
                  I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                    Weird, i have the exact same fever, but instead I will get the fender floyd, and a warmoth neck and a jackson sticker. I do love my dinky, but I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED a Jackson Strat.
                    How does a MIM Strat with a Warmoth neck and Jackson sticker make a Jackson Strat?

Sounds kinda lame/wannabe to me.

Comment

Within the last 1.5 months, I have:

Bought a blue Mexican HSS Strat with rosewood board.

Bought a Pearl White (or whatever they call it) Mexican HSS Strat with maple board.

Traded the blue HSS Strat and another guitar against an American Highway One Strat with maple board. On this one I added a Duncan Hot Rail.

Comment

By the way, I'm totally in shock that Fender doesn't make THIS....

...with a maple board. The Musician's Friend website says that it's available in rosewood or maple, but it's rosewood only. If it could be had in maple I would be all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                          By the way, I'm totally in shock that Fender doesn't make THIS....

...with a maple board. The Musician's Friend website says that it's available in rosewood or maple, but it's rosewood only. If it could be had in maple I would be all over it.
                          I know, me too, but i am deciding between white blue and SB though.
                          And I know it doesnt make a jackson strat, smart ass. But I dont have enough dough for a custom shop, and if i do it myself, I get exacly what I want. And it's not a sticker, its a high quality decal. In essence thats what Brad Gillis did as well.
                          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

And I know it doesnt make a jackson strat, smart ass.
                            It wasn't me who commented about your Jackson Strat.....

Comment

I know, me too, but i am deciding between white blue and SB though.
                              And I know it doesnt make a jackson strat, smart ass. But I dont have enough dough for a custom shop, and if i do it myself, I get exacly what I want. And it's not a sticker, its a high quality decal. In essence thats what Brad Gillis did as well.
                              I'm not sure if I'm missing something here but Fender did make a FR edition USA in 92. I have one here at the shop. Most of the Fender snobs pass by it since it has an FR and Dimarzio bucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X