Need to strip paint off old Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to strip paint off old Floyd

I found this old Floyd in a junk box and it has paint splattered on it. I want to strip the paint off without harming the chrome underneath. What should I use?

What kind of paint is it or can you tell?
    Some paint thinner should work for most enamel and acrylic based paints and it won't hurt the chrome.
    Just use a rag soaked in it, nothing abrasive or you'll scratch it up.
    -Rick

Comment

I'm not sure what type of paint it is. It basically got misted. I'm gonna try the thinner. Thanks

Comment

It's soaking now. I think it's gonna have to soak a while.

Comment

Maybe white spirits, if you think it's your regular wall paint on it.

If that won't work, put some more paint on it, and pretend its supposed to be like that!
          Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
          Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Id try goofoff... most paint strippers wont hurt chrome so you should be good either way.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

You'll think I'm crazy but try Castrol Super clean. It will remove paint and not do anything to the chrome. I've used it on model airplane canopies when my not so steady hand screwed the paint up. Didn't even take the shine of but the paint just fell off. BTW mineral spirits wont work on acrylic paints.
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
              X