Strat body / Dinky body / Tall ppl / Short ppl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat body / Dinky body / Tall ppl / Short ppl

So a strat body is recommended for tall people and a dinky body is recommended for short people right?

You know, lets say youve got a 6'7" dude playin a dinky body. Wouldnt that look like a toy guitar whereas a strat body would look a little bigger?

Re: Strat body / Dinky body / Tall ppl / Short ppl

I'm not so sure that is the case. The Jackson Dinky is 7/8 the size of the Jackson strat body. I doubt most people would see that as a "toy" guitar. XXX is a tall guy, and ordered a HUGE King V to compensate for the normal size's small appearence while he played it. Greg has a King Kelly in a pic next to a standard size Kelly and a Rhoads which illustrates this same effect.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

i thought about buying a Dinky but i'm a tall guy (2 meters) and i hate small guitars, i tought my RR looked like a kiddieguitar

Comment

You mean like this??

[img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

GAH! Big Scary Bastard Alert! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ahhh man, if you left your hair out, spread your legs abit, you know, got into the Alexi position, it will look fine...i dont think that rhoads looks bad at all on you...michael angelo is a small guy, his custom V guitar (with just the single neck) is friggin tiny, even for him, but it still looks mad.

Comment

I'm a short guy (only 5'5") and I have a Fender Strat and 3 Jackson Dinkies. The Dinky body isn't really that much smaller than the Strat. The Dinky is only 7/8 the size of a Strat (same as the Extreme Rhoads XTRR, 7/8 the size of a normal Rhoads; originally called the Dinky Rhoads when Dan Spitz had his made like that).
              I think the Dinky actually looks bigger than a Strat because its cutaways are deeper and allow for a little better access to the higher frets. Put them side by side, and the Strat is only about an inch or so longer. The Dinky body is the same size as the Soloist body.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm 5'6" and really the only thing I have trouble with is acoustics and electrics of that size. It's not a size thing, just a feel thing.

Comment

Just look at Angus, his SG almost looks like a 335 on his tiny body...

[img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  // Jonas
                  Charvel Predator
                  Yamaha SE-300 (my first guitar, just can't let it go)

Comment

Working...
                  X