Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing fine tuner screws

Hello,

This is a stupid question, but I bought a Jackson RR-J2 and the fine tuners screws on the Schaller Double Locking #1370 floyd rose trem are stripped and need to be replaced.

Do i take off the strings first so loosen teh block thingy?
    I tried taking off fine tuning screws with strings on but the screws stopped turning at one point and I can't get it out.

Once I get it out, is there a special way to get them in??

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by clamchowder01 View Post
    Hello,

This is a stupid question, but I bought a Jackson RR-J2 and the fine tuners screws on the Schaller Double Locking #1370 floyd rose trem are stripped and need to be replaced.

Do i take off the strings first so loosen teh block thingy?
    I tried taking off fine tuning screws with strings on but the screws stopped turning at one point and I can't get it out.

Once I get it out, is there a special way to get them in??

Thanks guys!
    the reason why they wont come out is because they are made that way. grab those little fuckers with a pair of pliers and keep turning them out. I get my parts from www.guitarpartdepot.com or from dave (Budman) at www.fretsonthenet.com peaCce BlitZ____________

Comment

Are you sure they are stripped?I have never seen one do that.The threads on the fine tuners get worn and they get just a little loose.
      If the threads seem stripped in the housing you may be able to clean the threads and be fine.You may have years of gunk built up.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have had one get stripped in the past, it is easy enough to chase the threads with a tap(unless you have a serious problem(then that can still be worked out relitively easily)).

let me know if you need any more details
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
        X