LSR tuners question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSR tuners question

I saw an ebay listing for one (1) LSR tuner for $99 bin + shipping.I was interested in buying a set for my new RR1.Are they really that expensive and how good are they?Thanks in advance.

Well

Well...I had a set on my Mustaine KV-1. I didn't see all that much of an upside to them compared to regular tuners. They were "cool" no doubt, but I didn't see any pluses. If you are going to use a trem / locking nut on your RR1...I'd say useless for you...

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
      Well...I had a set on my Mustaine KV-1. I didn't see all that much of an upside to them compared to regular tuners. They were "cool" no doubt, but I didn't see any pluses. If you are going to use a trem / locking nut on your RR1...I'd say useless for you...
      Hmmmmmm.....wasn't sure if they were locking or not.What about price?

Comment

When I got my Black Korina KV1 from Randy, he was having problems with the LSR's. When I got it I too had issues with two of them. Not knowing much about them I searched high and low for a replacement set. I found one brand new set of in-line LSR's in gold from of all places Ed Roman. He bent me over on the price but not as bad as $99 per tuner. I then contacted a repair guy who knew a lot about these tuners and I learned that you really cant break them. He told me to make a few adjustments and they work fine. They really are a bad ass tuner, just takes some time getting used to them. Once you do though string changes are a snap. They hold tune awesome, they're basically the Ron Popeil of tuners "set it and forget it!" I personally love them!

So needless to say I never used the ones from Ed Roman and they sit there and remind me of him everyday!
        "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

@veemagic: who is that repair guy? Do u have an email?

I too have issues with two or three of them.

I wouldn't buy them since ed'Roman claims LSR is working on an improved version.
          And sometimes the 1:40 ratio is a little bit to much.
          '97 KV1 alder

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Homer View Post
            @veemagic: who is that repair guy? Do u have an email?

I too have issues with two or three of them.

I wouldn't buy them since ed'Roman claims LSR is working on an improved version.
            And sometimes the 1:40 ratio is a little bit to much.
            I'll shoot you a PM on his contact info. Yeah I spoke to the guy at Intertune just before the site went down. He told me they have a new design and were looking for someone to manufacture them. This has been well over a year now. Again I think they function great!
            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

LSRs are really great tuners. Easy to change and are a great design. The company hasn't made them in awhile. Not sure if it's money issues or what. They have been rumors of a new model coming out, or the company starting up again but hasn't materialized. When they do become available on Ebay, etc. there's usually a bidding war for them.

Comment

I had a set (on a USA Roswell) and frankly I saw nothing about them that made them better than a set of Sperzels. Unique design and tighter tuning ratio does not mean better, it just means different.

As for $99 for one tuner, that's fanboyism at work.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

so, how much are single used ones worth?
                  '97 KV1 alder

Comment

Working...
                  X