string height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• string height

how close should the 6th string be off of the first fret ..if it looks to be touching ..and at bottom fret is almost too high ..is this a neck adjustment?it is a new sl1 soloist

I really hate to sound like a dick but you need to add a little punctuation to your question/statement thing. I really don't 100% know what you are trying to say.

Are you getting buzzing anywhere on the neck?
    Last edited by Musician78; 06-14-2009, 05:57 PM.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

on my charvel the action on the 1st fret is about 0.5mm. if yours is lower than that then you might need to shim the nut to get it up to a better hight. If you dont get any buzz in any location then it's not a problem.
      THIS IS MY POST
      Thanks for reading

Comment

If the action in the upper frets is too high, you should try lowering the bridge. Assuming you have a Floyd Rose bridge, you can do this by turning the bridge posts clockwise. The bridge posts are the two posts that the bridge pivots on when you use the whammy bar.
        Scott

Comment

Much more likely a nut/neck adjustment than a bridge one. As a rough guide, if you fret each string at the 3rd fret and tap each string over the 1st fret, it should cause a little "ting" as it hits the fret. Too much of a gap and nut is too high, if string is touching 1st fret, nut is too low.

Sort that out before you start adjusting truss rod and bridge post height.

Comment

I have my strings sitting at about 2mm at the 22 fret if that helps you any.

Comment

It's a nut adjustment. Shim the nut, then if you want, you can drop the bridge to get that laser-precision low action.
              Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

thank you for the input i believe it is a nut adjustment cause the string is almost hitting the first fret

Comment

Working...
                X