Tuning Modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning Modifications

I have a floyd equiped dk2 (basic licensed jackson floyd) i have it in standard e with 10 gauge i want in standard with 9's. I know if i go up in gauge i can add a spring and/or tighten the claw screws, but what about down in gauge? loosen claw screws? or might i be lucky enough that nothing has to be done? wanting to get my maiden on, and my dinky is my closest thing
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

When I went from .10 to .9 on my RR3 with the Low Pro floyd I just had to loosen the claw for the springs to bring the plate up even. I found that doing this made it a lot easier to re-tune it after a string change. I did expect the intonation to be out after changing gauges but it was still pretty good. What I didn't expect was the increase in resonance from the springs. Does not bother me though with it plugged in.

Comment

Originally posted by orions View Post
      When I went from .10 to .9 on my RR3 with the Low Pro floyd I just had to loosen the claw for the springs to bring the plate up even. I found that doing this made it a lot easier to re-tune it after a string change. I did expect the intonation to be out after changing gauges but it was still pretty good. What I didn't expect was the increase in resonance from the springs. Does not bother me though with it plugged in.
      So should i change them, and then loosen until it returns to leveled, and pitch? Or is ther like a certain amount thats standard, like a full turn for each .1? something like that
      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
      X