Guitar Advice??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Advice??

I'm thinking of getting a guitar for travel purposes. Specifically, it will be spending a lot of time left inside my car during hot Texas summer days. I'm concerned about warping and other damage to the guitar. Any advice on what kind of guitar would best withstand the heat? Woult a bolt-on fare better than a neck-thru or set neck? Or perhaps a particular wood type?

Maybe one of those aluminum (necked) Kramers from decades ago?

Or something out of carbon fiber?

Knowing Texas heat, I think you are looking at a dead guitar if you get wood.

Comment

Find a Switch guitar they suck but heat/cold will not affect them.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

what about all of the travel and headstockless guitars? i dont know what extreme heat does to guitars though i do know what extreme cold does
        I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Is anything on the Switch guitar glued?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
            what about all of the travel and headstockless guitars? i dont know what extreme heat does to guitars though i do know what extreme cold does
            What does extreme cold do to them?
            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
              What does extreme cold do to them?
              Well i guess not too much by it's self, except the change in temp and humiditiy can cause neck warping and bad tuning stability, but the main one is if you take a warm guitar into a cold temp like outside, or vice versa, either the finish or the wood (depending on cold to warm, or the other way around) warms up faster, and expands, and the finish will crack!
              I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
              X