Multi-guitar stands recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-guitar stands recommendations?

In my never-ending quest to spend more time playing, I've decided that I need to keep a couple of guitars out on stands for easy access. OK, I have a couple of stands, but since my place is small, I thought maybe purchasing one of those multi-guitar stands woud be a good idea. Does anyone use a particular model that they could recommend? Stability is important, obviously, but I also need to be sure that the guitars don't bump into each other too much... I've already got a nick on one of my axes from using my bassist's "rockstand" at practice ... So, what are you guys using?? Thanks.

-Kenn

I've got a warwick rockstand that holds 7. as long as you're careful about putting them on the rack and taking them off, you're good. not great for pointier bodies though.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I have a triple stand similar to this that I don't use. http://www.music123.com/Musicians-Ge...22958.Music123

Just send me a few bucks for shipping and it's yours if you want it.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

TJ - Thanks man. I'm really looking for something that has all of the guitars accesible from the front. Since space is the issue, I want to have something as streamlined as possible.

Sully- Is your rockstand a curved one, or straight across? You don't find it wobbly at all? The one I've used at practice just doesn't feel very sturdy, and it's only a 3 guitar stand...hmmmm...:think:

-Kenn

Comment

No problem, Kenn. Good luck with your search.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's in storage now, but I have 7-guitar stand like this one that worked well.
            http://www.music123.com/ProLine-7-Gu...28225.Music123

I don't remember the exact brand. Just make sure the soft foam won't react with the guitar finish. When I had it on a bare wood floor, I'd keep some bubble wrap on the floor within the rectangle, just to make sure no bruises would occur. Like others with this style, it's better with strat-types and less so with pointed bodies.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
              It's in storage now, but I have 7-guitar stand like this one that worked well.
              http://www.music123.com/ProLine-7-Gu...28225.Music123

I don't remember the exact brand. Just make sure the soft foam won't react with the guitar finish. When I had it on a bare wood floor, I'd keep some bubble wrap on the floor within the rectangle, just to make sure no bruises would occur. Like others with this style, it's better with strat-types and less so with pointed bodies.
              While it's better at holding roundies, would that one be able to hold the Kelly fine? Considering the long rear bout, which is rounded far more than an Explorers, I'm guessing more slippage would occur, would it?
              Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

You can get 9 on a 7 Rockstand if you've got a low-traffic area (i.e. no kids or company walking around the stand) - the two extra can sit on the outer edges, though they won't have the fretboard bar.

I keep my beaters on the outside ends and the "good stuff" in the center.

As was stated, they're not good for Kellys and such. Strats and other round-butts work best.

Mine seems stable enough. Not all the bolts would line up (yay China), so one joint is held with only 1 bolt, but I can live with it.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by kennslp View Post
                  Sully- Is your rockstand a curved one, or straight across? You don't find it wobbly at all? The one I've used at practice just doesn't feel very sturdy, and it's only a 3 guitar stand...hmmmm...:think:

-Kenn
                  Hey Kenn, mine is the straight one. I've had it for about 8 years or so, and as long as you keep the bolts tight, you're good. You could always make one if you were so inclined; the custom shop has a few neat holders that they use.

Sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Rockstands are very cool, just make sure the guitar is seated good before you let go of it!

Comment

Hang em on a wall. Looks cool and access is the best I've used bar none.
                      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                        Hey Kenn, mine is the straight one. I've had it for about 8 years or so, and as long as you keep the bolts tight, you're good. You could always make one if you were so inclined; the custom shop has a few neat holders that they use.

Sully
                        After getting mine, I seriously thought about building one. PVC pipes and elbows and such and pipe-wrapping foam should do the trick.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Good info guys, thanks. Bombtek, I'd love to hang 'em, but it's an apartment... No holes in walls, unfortunately.

I think I may have found a solution though. Check this out:

http://www.music123.com/Road-Runner-...28228.Music123

Seems sturdy enough, and holds the necks in place nicely. Anyone ever used something like this, or the similar one from Fender?

-Kenn

Comment

Looks good - a poor mans Ultracase!
                            I have seen a few of those used - they seem pretty good, especially for the price

Comment

Kenn, those are pretty sweet. My old guitar tech had something similar, could be an ultracase, but those are cool and that's a great price for that.
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X