Strathead for 350?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strathead for 350?

hi guys,just found local a Charvel Strathead for 350$.
    if its a strathead it has to be made in the USA right?

its white,HSS,Jackson Pickups,rosewood board and non recessed floyd.

No there were some stratheads that were MIJ for the Japanese market back in the 90's. I think it was like a c391.

Comment

Rich is correct as usual. Photos would be good because a 391 or even a CH series wouldn't be worth 350 IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        No there were some stratheads that were MIJ for the Japanese market back in the 90's. I think it was like a c391.
        It was all of the CX models. However some of the current Charvel/Japan models have the Fender headstock.

And having that Fender headstock (taboo at the time of the CX series was due to be released in the states) would most definitely drive up the price of a CX series guitar. (usually 200-250)
        Occupy JCF

Comment

However some of the current Charvel/Japan models have the Fender headstock
          I forgot about those at the time I posted but thought of those recent ones later. Then when I reread and saw jackson pickups I figured it was the older ones so I didn't bother posting again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
            It was all of the CX models. However some of the current Charvel/Japan models have the Fender headstock.

And having that Fender headstock (taboo at the time of the CX series was due to be released in the states) would most definitely drive up the price of a CX series guitar. (usually 200-250)
            just as a disclaimer to Todd's excellent post (apologies if it's redundant): You may more commonly (in the US, anyway) see CX series guitars with the "eagle beak" headstock. Those were the versions released in the US. They are the same model line, with that slight variation. Elsewhere the same models came with the strat headstock
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Comment

That, most certainly, is a CX series Charvel. USA Charvel never used the script logo.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  just as a disclaimer to Todd's excellent post (apologies if it's redundant): You may more commonly (in the US, anyway) see CX series guitars with the "eagle beak" headstock. Those were the versions released in the US. They are the same model line, with that slight variation. Elsewhere the same models came with the strat headstock
                  Sorry, i should have mentioned that. Thanks for keeping me honest G.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

muchos gracias

so i wont buy this

Comment

Working...
                    X