Pointy neck dimesion question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointy neck dimesion question...

Are there any pointy (Jackson or Charvel) necks that are 2 3/16" across the heel, 25.5" scale, 21 or 22 fret, and non-Floyd routed?

I have a couple projects I need to wrap up that call for this spec neck, but all my searches on ebay usually miss on one of the specs...thinking I might be out of luck...
    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

You will probably be looking for a Jackson neck from a recent Indian made cheapo J series. The ones with the non locking 2 point v-trem. The only problem might be that the 12th fret marker dots might be wide spaced. You might want to ask the seller to measure the heel for you. I think its not consistent on the heel size with the Indian j-series guitars. Most if not all of the other Jackson or charvel necks will have the 2.25 heel. The plus side is that these necks are pretty cheap on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
      You will probably be looking for a Jackson neck from a recent Indian made cheapo J series.
      I was afraid of that...I have a couple and I'm not that thrilled.

I might have to widen the neck pocket to 2 1/4" and use a Model-series neck...which aren't getting any cheaper either!

Comment

Warmoth makes them brand new, otherwise the only alternatives are the old Stew-Mac necks and the old Chandler necks. I have one of each and they are both high quality necks. They are hard to come by though. I searched ebay for months for the Chandler neck. The Stew Mac neck was from the early 90's and was given to me by a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by snowblind56 View Post
          Warmoth makes them brand new, otherwise the only alternatives are the old Stew-Mac necks and the old Chandler necks. I have one of each and they are both high quality necks. They are hard to come by though. I searched ebay for months for the Chandler neck. The Stew Mac neck was from the early 90's and was given to me by a friend.
          Thanks for the update! Allparts also made one as well, but they discontinued them 2 years ago...

Comment

Working...
          X