How to fix switches on DigiTech RP-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix switches on DigiTech RP-6

I have an old Digitech RP-6 that several of the foot switches don't work all the time. Seems like you have to use a lot of force to get them to work and then they only do half the time. Any way to fix this or should I ditch it and get something else?

They're probably just dirty. Open up the case and see what you can do.
    Scott

Comment

I have an RP-12 with one switch that's the same issue. I opened it up. Good luck.. I thought it might be dirty and sprayed it with some contact cleaner. No change. Didn't feel like going further into it. Let me know what you figure out. Great sounds out of that thing!!
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I had an RP 6 A few years ago with the same trouble...What I did was take it apart and find the part number on the switch itself, then I looked on Ebay for them...I got 100 swtches for like $10 or something...Replaced the bad ones, then sold the rest to a local music store for like $30 or some thing like that...
        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Give it to me.

-Fixed!
          Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
          Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
            I had an RP 6 A few years ago with the same trouble...What I did was take it apart and find the part number on the switch itself, then I looked on Ebay for them...I got 100 swtches for like $10 or something...Replaced the bad ones, then sold the rest to a local music store for like $30 or some thing like that...

Sounds like a plan. I say do what he did.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

IIRC, I had a real hard time getting to the front of the circuit board. Removed every screw I could find but board wouldn't budge... It was a while ago but I think that's why I gave up. Now it's a real "stomp box"... I have to stomp the shit out of it to get what I want!!!
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
              X