This pup sound familiar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This pup sound familiar?

A friend has a Japan SL3 and he took out the JB and put in a pickup that I haven't been able to find much info about. Black, open coils (as in not emg style), blades. All it has on it is fading lines and OBL. Like "/ / / / / //////OBL" Has a great sound. I think it's some kind of Bill Lawrence but anyone know anything about it. I have one I can dig out and take a pic if needed.

Edit: Well, shit. All of a sudden there's info everywhere about them... I found this, and that's the pickup, but most other pics I just found have the epiphone logo on the back. Mine doesn't. Kinda surprising that a korean, I guess you'd call it "designed by BL but cheaply made by gibson" pickup sounds so good. http://www.billlawrencereview.com/About_OBL_Pickups
    Last edited by warlok; 06-02-2009, 01:38 AM.
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

I know a dude with an Epiphone Nighthawk Special III and he loves those things.
    From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

The official statement from Bill Lawrence on those is "I didn't have a thing to do with those, and I've got the Cease & Desist on Gibson to prove it".
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        The official statement from Bill Lawrence on those is "I didn't have a thing to do with those, and I've got the Cease & Desist on Gibson to prove it".
        Which "Bill Lawrence"?

You'd think they're kiss & make up one of these days...
        Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

"THE Bill Lawrence".. He worked with gibson originally when they were designed. I read the same thing Newc did. It said that after (or just before) he left that project gibson started having them made in korea for epi's, that's when he said that.
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I think is similar to the other bill lawrence post, its a case of mistaken identity:idea:
            I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
            X