Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Kind of Jackson/Schaller Trem do I have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kind of Jackson/Schaller Trem do I have?

Hi guys,

Long time no speak. I have a basic question about the trem I have on my 90's Dragon Dinky mutt guitar:
    http://www.kramerforum.com/george/ko...son_dragon.jpg

It has the original Jackson by Schaller trem, and I am going to upgrade the sustain block to a massive brass one.

Problem is, I can't remember if I had swapped out the sustain block in the past so I need your help.

1. What's the actual bridge model name? Is this the JT-500?
    2. What should be the sustain block length? Currently it has a 32mm block that looks like it had a tremsetter on it. Is this the standard size for this trem?

Thanks bros.

George

Ummm....the good one.

JT590.

There is no standard block size. I try to get away with the largest block I can fit in the guitar. In my SL2H I upgraded from a 32mm to a 37mm big block. I had to dremel the spring holes a little for clearance.

To figure out what size block would fit, I just measured with the trem in the guitar. But I forgot about the extra height the springs add
    Last edited by DonP; 05-30-2009, 01:07 PM.

Comment

+1 to JT590. It's easy enough to measure the sustain block length.

Comment

Thanks doods. JT-590 with a 32mm block it is. Btw, if you are ever pondering to change the block on these trems, it has the same standard mounting hole spacing as an OFR Floyd.

George

Comment

Working...
        X