JT-590 to FR Pro Questions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT-590 to FR Pro Questions??

Well I have a question, if I wanted to upgrade from the JT-590 to a Floyd Rose Pro, what modifications would I need to do?? I know going with the OFR Floyd Rose, would require more routing out the guitar body, but I saw the FR Pro and it looks like it would fit?? Has anyone tried this swap yet??

Cheers,
    Charlie
    Amps
    1994 Marshall JCM 900 SL-X 2100
    Line6 Spider 3 30 watt

Guitars
    1985 Fender Strat MIJ '62 Reissue Fiesta Red
    2006 Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
    1992 Jackson Professional Rhoads Pro
    2005 ESP LTD MHB 400
    2006 Martin D16 GT

Since they are both made by schaller how is this an ungrade? the 590 is a great trem.

Comment

The FR Pro will still require routing as well.

But like Rich said... why change it? The JT590 is a great trem.
      -Rick

Comment

Well I was just wondering if it ever got worn out, I have read that the OFR and FR Pro were made from hardened steal...

Plus I just learned something new I guess the only thing to do to my Rhoads is just a pickup change and leave everything else stock!

Thank you,
        Charlie
        Amps
        Line6 Spider 3 30 watt

Guitars
        2005 ESP LTD MHB 400
        2006 Martin D16 GT

Comment

You want to downgreade from a Made in Germany Floyd?

Look before you leap.

Same with the pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            You want to downgreade from a Made in Germany Floyd?

Look before you leap.

Same with the pickups.
            Well I am not going to downgrade the Floyd at all... After learning that the JT-590 is a good Floyd. Now the stock Jackson Pickups are not bad but still does not have enough treble for my tastes, so I am taking the guitar later on this week to the luthier that does all the work on my guitars and having some emg 81s swapped in as well as the wiring gone through. Because I have an issue with turning the volume down and the pick up actually does not turn completely off that is with the first tone nob turned all the way up, but turn it off, the guitar works perfectly... But it is always best to get it checked out, and swap out both pickups.. The guitar should sound even better... I will be keeping the stock pick ups, so if I want to put back to stock, should not be a problem.

Cheers,
            Charlie
            Amps
            Line6 Spider 3 30 watt

Guitars
            2005 ESP LTD MHB 400
            2006 Martin D16 GT

Comment

Originally posted by dmnall View Post
              I am taking the guitar later on this week to the luthier that does all the work on my guitars and having some emg 81s swapped in as well as the wiring gone through. Because I have an issue with turning the volume down and the pick up actually does not turn completely off that is with the first tone nob turned all the way up, but turn it off, the guitar works perfectly... But it is always best to get it checked out, and swap out both pickups.. The guitar should sound even better... I will be keeping the stock pick ups, so if I want to put back to stock, should not be a problem.
              All the wiring will be replaced anyway, because EMGs come with their own 25k pots and a stereo jack.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toejam,
                Yeah I forgot about that part, but I am hoping the 81s will make the guitar sound better, because the stock pick ups just had way too much mid *bass was alot but no treble*, and even trying to run an o/d pedal to slam the preamp harder on my marshall, just did not sound right.

One good thing is my best friend/Guitar teacher, admitted that he never like Jackson guitars let along V guitars in general, until this past Friday.. Now he loves Jackson guitars and V's because of my Rhoads pro..

Cheers,
                Charlie
                Amps
                Line6 Spider 3 30 watt

Guitars
                2005 ESP LTD MHB 400
                2006 Martin D16 GT

Comment